Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Ah yeah, I forgot that you already explained that, sorry!

Does it go through posts in date order? That'd make sense as none of our older posts would have ratings (except for Likes) as it was before we installed post ratings so it'd jump to near 50% right away and then slow down.

Edit: Nevermind, working now!

Not sure if this is useful to know for you but thought it might be:
  • Rating type categories 4 (1 seconds)
  • Rating types 19 (0 seconds)
  • User rating counts 7,287 (7 seconds)
  • Ratings 5,028,832 (5 hours, 50 minutes)

Reactions: Xon
Not sure if a bug or I'm missing a style property somewhere but shouldn't the background behind Positive be coloured somehow? Or something to indicate that it's a category?

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 18.07.51.webp

A suggestion but not sure how easy it is.

Ratings should be sorted by number of ratings rather than by their original order. Users want to see the predominant rating first.

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 11.07.55.webp

Cool.

Is the thread list thing already included? I don't see any ratings on the thread list but not sure if it's an option I missed.

Cool.

Is the thread list thing already included? I don't see any ratings on the thread list but not sure if it's an option I missed.

Found it but it does this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 12.43.19.webp

The edit button is pushed to the left when i think it should probably be aligned to the right beneath the rating?

On mobile view it's also pushed into different places depending on the thread title length, whether the thread is watched, etc. It'd be good if there was consistent positioning.

Pre-category content actions:
1522674878265.webp

I'm considering if this should be reworked to support multiple content actions of the same 'type'.

Ie report at same rating count threshold and again at a higher threshold. The content action only runs once per piece of content, need to figure out how to surface that.

Need to add some explain text as well.

On mobile view it's also pushed into different places depending on the thread title length, whether the thread is watched, etc. It'd be good if there was consistent positioning.
The right-align nature makes this difficult.

Found it but it does this:

View attachment 172277

The edit button is pushed to the left when i think it should probably be aligned to the right beneath the rating?
Yeah, I briefly noticed this but there is't a huge amount of room to work with.

RE: Content Actions. Unless I'm mistaken what this refers to, I think the current Post Ratings add-on for xF1 handles this well. The negative rating percentage is a nice feature...

Hide post after x negative ratings
After a post receives x number of negative ratings (0 to disable), it will be 'soft hidden' (i.e. with a button to show it again).

Hide post negative rating percentage
A post matching the above option for minimum negative ratings will also be checked against this percentage. Enter 0 to disable this. Any larger value will be treated as a percentage of negative ratings against total ratings that must be met on a post before it is hidden. For example a value of 60 would mean negative ratings would have to make up at least 60% of a post's total ratings before it is hidden.

RE: Content Actions. Unless I'm mistaken what this refers to, I think the current Post Ratings add-on for xF1 handles this well. The negative rating percentage is a nice feature...

Hide post after x negative ratings
After a post receives x number of negative ratings (0 to disable), it will be 'soft hidden' (i.e. with a button to show it again).

Hide post negative rating percentage
A post matching the above option for minimum negative ratings will also be checked against this percentage. Enter 0 to disable this. Any larger value will be treated as a percentage of negative ratings against total ratings that must be met on a post before it is hidden. For example a value of 60 would mean negative ratings would have to make up at least 60% of a post's total ratings before it is hidden.

Yep that sounds sensible and would work well.

Are these actions just category actions or are they also rating specific? For example, we have a 'gold' rating and if a post/thread received say 50 gold ratings, we'd like to highlight it somehow.

You could have the makings of a trending content type addon here. I'd strongly be in favour of you adding this functionality and selling it as a new "trending content" addon but I guess that's up to what you think the market is.

Can it not be forced to go directly underneath? Might need some CSS wizardry though :p
Yeah, will need some poking.

Yep that sounds sensible and would work well.

Are these actions just category actions or are they also rating specific? For example, we have a 'gold' rating and if a post/thread received say 50 gold ratings, we'd like to highlight it somehow.
At the moment, it is category actions and can't work for individual ratings. I'll need to think about making it extend to being rating specific.

One way is to create a "gold" category, and then you can have various "gold-like" ratings. (maybe in the future each rating has a weight to it ;) )

You could have the makings of a trending content type addon here. I'd strongly be in favour of you adding this functionality and selling it as a new "trending content" addon but I guess that's up to what you think the market is.
Something like?
1522681287273.webp
(Note, quick & dirty mockup)

I need todo another cleanup pass for making it better extendable for plugging in content actions, but that will be for 1.2.x or later

Yep, also throw in a few widgets that pull the most popular ratings. Maybe automatically do some actions (add prefix, move to new forum, etc) if they reach a threshold.

Four our use case we'd like to add a thread prefix to the thread if it got really popular and also list the popular threads in a widget. There's loads of options and managing threads vs posts is maybe a bit difficult.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom