Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Another styling tweak suggestion. At present it looks like this on mobile:

View attachment 168161

Post Ratings looks like this:

View attachment 168162

A combination of the two would seem to be the best solution. To keep the ratings full width and to out any current ratings above them like Post Ratings does (but without the text).

Is this addressed in the update at all? I doubt you’ve had chance to consider it but thought I’d ask anyway. Quite a lot of the feedback we’re getting from our beta test users is that on mobile the ratings bar is pretty messed up when there are existing ratings.

Is this addressed in the update at all? I doubt you’ve had chance to consider it but thought I’d ask anyway. Quite a lot of the feedback we’re getting from our beta test users is that on mobile the ratings bar is pretty messed up when there are existing ratings.
Not yet, I've noted it down for the next release

Just noticed a small bug with the importer.

We have a rating in Luke's addon called "Watch it!". This got imported as "Watch". I don't know if the space or the ! mark caused the issue but the full name didn't get imported.

Can the importer work for the [TH] The reaction add-on?
Not currently, but it shouldn't be too hard since they support migrating from Post Ratings.

What I can't offer a timeline for is matching the feature-set, as I'm sure there is stuff [TH] Reactions does that this add-on does not do.

Last edited:
Nice, some really good options. I think it's a winner, I'm going to have to add this to the the donation drive shopping list for the site I'm working on :)

Isn't it better to have it behave more like Discord? People will always fall into clicking the existent reaction to set theirs instead get a overview haha

Discord reactions are pretty sweet. I think it's just the entire emoji set isn't it? But with the ability to also search.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Isn't it better to have it behave more like Discord? People will always fall into clicking the existent reaction to set theirs instead get a overview haha
It is implemented.
You have an option to click to show ratings, and than click on desired one

Discord reactions are pretty sweet. I think it's just the entire emoji set isn't it? But with the ability to also search.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a fair amount of work to implement, I've literally got notes about implementing this style of input.

The backend is really designed for a small number of ratings. Discord's entire emoji set would require that backend to change (which it can, it was designed for that)

Understandable. I can imagine it might even be fit for a separate add on. The current one where you can upload a small selection of exactly what reactions you like.

A second discord like one where it simply populates with and is up to date with all available emoji. I think Slack have done something similar. Then maybe the ability to add your own custom ones on top of that.

Could be an interesting user upgrade too. Pay $x and get the ability to add a single custom reaction of your choice to the pool of options, or get access to the 'Premium' reactions tab.

In terms of Discord like is pretty much like click on existent button adds your reaction as that as well, with the button to add a new one over it. The reaction overview would be clicking on the number on the button not triggering the image (that animation effect would determine either you are clicking or not I'd say).

One quite attractive permission might indeed be able to upload your own reaction per user, would be one attractive perk to give users, Discord here allows only sub users to for example react with animated gifs yet everyone can click it once the user who has the permission adds it.

So I just got this email from Trello announcing their emoji reactions 😂

1518628945656.webp

24kfew.jpg

Top Bottom