Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
No, it got bumped to a future revision.
No problem, just wasn't sure if I missed it since I didn't see mention of it again in this thread after that post.

I ended up manually removing the entries directly from the tables and then using the CLI rebuild options. :)

@Xon someone asked me today about the smilies they use on slack where they're animated, like the dancing parrot and such. is that the sort of thing that would work in the context of the emoji function or is that just a slack thing?

Hello- If this is not the right place to send a request/bug fix, I can move it to the right direction. Our hardware guy tried to run an upgrade on the most recent file, (Through command line due to size of database), it came across an exception and errored out. On Xenforo, now shows as "Action Pending"

"One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance."

Here is the log from the install:
https://pastebin.com/zX99fayJ

Thanks

@Solus that is a general XenForo permissions issue. XenForo requires write access to internal_data directory, and running it from CLI was probably done as the wrong user.

Running a recursive chown should fix it, then re-run the installer.

We're unable to re-run the installer as it was run as an upgrade, rather than a fresh install. Rerunning upgrade script returns with "This add-on cannot be upgraded". In the addons page, it states: "One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance."

What's the best course of action?

Thank you for the reply and help!

From the CLI;

Code:
php cmd.php xf-addon:upgrade -f SV/ContentRatings

This should get the processing flag to be cleared, and is safe to-do. Your error occurred during the template import process which occurs after the add-on upgrade code has run.

You can try the "rebuild" command from the GUI to see if it clears the flag and rebuilds the templates

Niermann said:
So with the content rating add-on how do you get the ratings to show up on a members profile so anyone can see their ratings?
I do not provide support on my profile page.

Ratings are available on a member's profile;
1537683758966.webp

@Xon
I was able to import my old post rating and the members love it, they all work with the exception of one, the dislike, we get an error when you select it.
1538838771833.webp

With HYS Reactions 👍😍🤣😲🙁😡, it looks like the very core of this add-on will be folded into stock. It looks like it is still some time before a public release, but I will continue to support this add-on.

Once there is a public release I will write a converter to import into XF2 and will then rebuild this add-on on native XF2 feature set as this add-on adds considerable extra flexibility and features. This add-on will then likely be renamed Rating/Reactions Essentials or something similar.

Last edited:
@Xon will your addon give us chance to "extend" default one in xf 2.1 with above? (like it does right now)
The plan is this add-on will retain as many features (especially UI wise) as possible. But until I can start working with the XF2.1 codebase I can't much, but I don't see any problem adding an yet another style property to allow swapping in or out the XF2.1 reactions UI for my own version.

Top Bottom