Add-on Content Management Framework

Here are some features that I need for my site:
- let the admin write his own templates for categorie pages, tag pages, search pages, the front page and article pages

We will provide several types (e.g.
  • article / tutorial typpe
  • event type (date field + attender feature)
But you'll also be able to create own types.

options1-png.40807

options2-png.40809

I do html and a bit of css. These are "languages" and they use shortforms or symbols to command output.
That's what coding does too.

I do html and a bit of css. These are "languages" and they use shortforms or symbols to command output.
HTML is a markup language, not a coding language. I know HTML and CSS very well, but I ain't no coder.

News:The landing page/ portal page feature wasn't planed, but because it was asked several times, we'll release our script;) (It's not in the scope of this addon, so it will be a own addon )
You can promote threads which will be shown on the new index page.
It's very modular, and because everything is saved as an thread in CRM it will support threads and all used CMF types

promote.webp

landingpage.webp

HTML is a markup language, not a coding language. I know HTML and CSS very well, but I ain't no coder.

Says who? Programmers? Ask any "non-coding" person and they'd disagree with you.
Please no "is HTML a programming language" discussions again..
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/145176/is-html-considered-a-programming-language
It doesn't matter if it is one or not, you'll not need to know HTML & CSS if you want to use this addon.
It will be necessary if you want to create own types with very customized templates instead of using the default item template or customize the existing templates (just like with original xenforo templates) And i'm sure the community will help you if you have customization questions

News:The landing page/ portal page feature wasn't planed, but because it was asked several times, we'll release our script;) (It's not in the scope of this addon, so it will be a own addon )
You can promote threads which will be shown on the new index page.
It's very modular, you'll be able to include own content types (or CRM types) too:)

This looks lovely. Thank you.
As you say the rest is designing the page template which I can manage.

I would like to give this page 5 boxes which I promote different posts to ... is that OK?

Here are some features that I need for my site:

- multiple categories
- nested categories
- no taxonomy issues
- tags (not xentags)
- article search feature
- RSS for category pages, tag pages, the frontpage and article pages
- function to force styles for categories
- let the admin write his own templates for categorie pages, tag pages, search pages, the front page and article pages
These are all what I needed! And I would like to repeatedly mentioned - something like the "EE, ProcessWire, ModX" workflow where you control everything from content to markup. I don't like those drag & drap thingy where it adds bunch of classes, IDs and useless HTML tags.

These are all what I needed! And I would like to repeatedly mentioned - something like the "EE, ProcessWire, ModX" workflow where you control everything from content to markup. I don't like those drag & drap thingy where it adds bunch of classes, IDs and useless HTML tags.

You can always edit templates anyway. Or make your own, and use an include (save the old one under a slightly different name like Template2 so you can find it as source if you need it)

From the way this addon is described the kind of complexity you are needing will have to be a secondary addon.

it's always funny when people are stating "I want a Blog-system" or "I want a CMS" in the "XF-development-thread" :cautious:

Forums, Blogs, Wikis, Classifieds, Events, Marketplaces, Question & Answers, Polls, Directories, Link-Lists, Shops, File-Sharing, etc. .... in the end it's all the same stuff.

In the end it's just a matter of how you format and display content.........

You just need "Search Capability" and "Payment Processing" to improve on it.

.... and most importantly: you need to find an interface/format which is fun, engaging & easy to use. :cool:

Forums, Blogs, Wikis, Classifieds, Events, Marketplaces, Question & Answers, Polls, Directories, Link-Lists, Shops, File-Sharing, etc. .... in the end it's all the same stuff.

In the end it's just a matter of how you format and display content.........
I agree. But it requires php. XenPorta isn't possible without php.

What we are looking for is real world uses and expectations from you, the users.

More like a webzine style front page. (less like a collection of dreary widgets that can be configured)
Continuously assist new visitors towards new content discovery
Assist forum members - to have a my front page (with a content I am interested in discovery system)

I want a system where you can post

a review
a thread
an article
a video

In any sub forum - without restrictions

But have a tabbed category / tag stsyem tie it all together. To display

All Articles
All videos
All reviews

(if you want)

I also want a product database - with underlines of product names & nicknames (out in forum + all other text areas) linking back to 'product pages'
each product page can have
reviews
Popular threads
Articles
Videos
+ a lot more(!)

More like a webzine style front page. (less like a collection of dreary widgets that can be configured)
Continuously assist new visitors towards new content discovery
Assist forum members - to have a my front page (with a content I am interested in discovery system)

a review
a thread
an article
a video

All Articles
All videos
All reviews

(if you want)

I also want a product database - with underlines of product names & nicknames (out in forum + all other text areas) linking back to 'product pages'
each product page can have
reviews
Popular threads
Articles
Videos
+ a lot more(!)
How many users would want the addon to work this way?
We had this way in mind, but ATM it's not designed to mix the content types (you'll be able to define 1 content type per forum)

It shouldn't be hard to change it, but it would have an effect on the forum display, because you'll not be able to change the forum output, because the content types would be mixed. It would only change the thread output.
It's also easier to manage the content (and permissions) if you know that articles are stored e.g. in node_id 4,5,6

linklistforums-png.40909

a review
a thread
an article
a video

All Articles
All videos
All reviews

(if you want)

So to get the idea, just swap the list above with the categories in the screenshot below

Style
Add-On
Graphic

And have sorting capabilities:
Per page
Per sub forum
Per whole forum / cms (splitting them out into sub forums 'trees'

And you get the idea.. post anything anywhere - but be able to sort them any way you like..

So prefixes = different content display tools.

This means that members and just squat down anywhere, and give birth to content! (and thats the squat down analogy I am sticking with!)

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 14.15.56.webp

Top Bottom