Add-on Content Management Framework

That we do not know. At a guess I'd expect the basic addon in a month. Then start queuing for the secondaries we want!
But it sounds like even the basic one will do a lot. A good deal of it is an interface so we can design our own system without having to know php.
I remember Fuhrmann dreamed the same concept when XF started. An adaptor addon which would design the DISPLAY of its content on the page pretty much any way you want it.

What kind of stuff is your interest Jon?

These are the only features I need. I will be thrilled if it can do this. If it does more that is ok, I just won't use the other features.

The bad part of this is if any one of the features is missing it is not as useful to me. :(

1. I would like it to be the front page of my forum.
2. I would like to promote the first post in a thread to an article on the front page.
3. I would like posts in the thread to appear as comments on the front page and would like comments on the front page to appear in the thread.
4. I want permissions so that only admins can promote an article.
5. I want to be able to control the order the articles are displayed in.
6. I would like it to allow me to set the articles up as double column of articles.
7. I want categories or an index of some kind that would allow the users to only have articles show inside of that category if they select one, other wise they are in the order I select.

I basically want to do something I was able to do in vBCMS

I like the sound of this Jon and I'm sure others will too.

My first interest is that the articles are well displayed with link to a discussion thread, multiple pages, and a text menu top and bottom as well as pagination.Text wrap around pics. Proper magazine/ news style.
Plus users can be enabled as editors to create their own collection of articles - links off their profile with privacy permissions (integrate whats new + community display, full public display, or for users follows only)

After that I should very much like the things you describe.

I like the sound of this Jon and I'm sure others will too.

My first interest is that the articles are well displayed with link to a discussion thread, multiple pages, and a text menu top and bottom as well as pagination.Text wrap around pics. Proper magazine/ news style.
Plus users can be enabled as editors to create their own collection of articles - links off their profile with privacy permissions (integrate whats new + community display, full public display, or for users follows only)

After that I should very much like the things you describe.

I think everyone is going to want something a bit different. Not having my features has been damaging to me. I am going to send them a message. It is worth it to me to support this financially as it will help keep my forum alive.

We are currently working on a system based largely on the discussion that guiltar had previously started HERE- . With this addon, you can manipulate the output from the forum and thread view into, well, anything you can think of. ;) vBulletin users could compare this to vBGeek's GARS system. This started out to be a MarketPlace addon for extralicense.com but has since morphed into something much larger and cooler.

What we are looking for is real world uses and expectations from you, the users. I have attached screenshots of the backend so you can see some of the flexibility built into the system. As we further progress with the developement, more info and screenshots will be provided. Oh and one more thing, No we don't have a timeframe yet ;)

Attached are some backend screenshots so you can see some of the options and permissions.

Suggestions? Comments?

View attachment 40806View attachment 40807View attachment 40808View attachment 40809View attachment 40810

Message sent. I want to know more.

If it can meet my requirements I want it very very very very bad.

I think everyone is going to want something a bit different. Not having my features has been damaging to me. I am going to send them a message. It is worth it to me to support this financially as it will help keep my forum alive.

Same here. And my requirements for a portal/landing page pretty much mirror yours. I had high hopes with the WordPress bridge from XenScripts, but it promotes in the wrong direction (WordPress to XenForo). And it appears that Jamie isn't too keen on upkeep, bug fixes and new features with the bridge.

As long as I can promote topics from the forum, add the odd image to spice things up, change the layout a bit to be an attention getter, and index the page with the forum headings, I'd be a very happy camper.

I will as soon as I get a reply from them. If this is what I have been waiting for I want it last year. :)

Thanks a bunch for all the support.

How is your forum coming along?

I'm right beside ya Jon.
Thanks for asking all my forums are fine except one with is doing a Sleeping Beauty.

Where are yours? or are they kept private?

Good news - I am a VB3 GARS junkie unable to find it for VB4 and feel I need a replacement for migration to Xenforo. I would pay.

We hacked our GARS to go grab a photo / image from a URL page - that makes for nice looking 'scraped' articles.. Can this do that?

If it had some sort of Wiki style database (I would use it for product names) and the ability to underline and make link backs to the databse those product name words out in forum posts - I would be very happy!

Any ETA?

Thanks

If it had some sort of Wiki style database (I would use it for product names) and the ability to underline and make link backs to the databse those product name words out in forum posts - I would be very happy!

Yes I want a glossary function on a wiki - so when that word or its close cognates appears in content it links to wiki entry. (Close cognate = cat/ cats. This already exists on search scripts.)

For ETA I don't think asking will get one. They have said they need the first core addon to be really solid so it can support further development. My guess would be about a month.

Here are some features that I need for my site:

- multiple categories
- nested categories
- no taxonomy issues
- tags (not xentags)
- article search feature
- RSS for category pages, tag pages, the frontpage and article pages
- function to force styles for categories
- let the admin write his own templates for categorie pages, tag pages, search pages, the front page and article pages

Joomla provides all features I mentioned with one free content extension. All I sacrifice is a comment function for which I would consider switching to a native CMS if it has all other features I need.

I would want the same tags for all, I'd like to have the same tags in the blog addon as well that I have ;)
I wouldn't want separate tags for the forum, articles (cms) and blog.. that would just look messy and cause confusion IMO

- let the admin write his own templates for categorie pages, tag pages, search pages, the front page and article pages

If I could do this, I wouldn't be waiting for someone else to code a solution. Not everyone is a software coder. And the less time I spend trying to figure out why something isn't working because of a change I attempted, the better.

The users might.
They might want to find articles, threads, pictures, classifieds, forums, social groups on the Tags they click on.
Nope, on my site they definitely won't.

If I could do this, I wouldn't be waiting for someone else to code a solution. Not everyone is a software coder. And the less time I spend trying to figure out why something isn't working because of a change I attempted, the better.
Huh? Writing templates isn't coding. HTML and CSS are not coding languages.

Top Bottom