Add-on Content Management Framework

How many users would want the addon to work this way?
We had this way in mind, but ATM it's not designed to mix the content types (you'll be able to define 1 content type per forum)
It is possible to keep content types separate AND provide the tabbed display that he requests. Just have forums for
  1. articles
  2. videos
  3. reviews
And interlink these with tabs, similar to the RM.

Personally I would not want to have setup where all content types are mixed. That would be chaos.

Would the CMF allow me to create an advanced magazine/news portal similar to
www.bbc.co.uk
www.ccn.com
www.rte.ie/news/ etc?

It is possible to keep content types separate AND provide the tabbed display that he requests. Just have forums for
  1. articles
  2. videos
  3. reviews
And interlink these with tabs, similar to the RM.

Personally I would not want to have setup where all content types are mixed. That would be chaos.

Here is the use case for it. But perhaps exactly how "mixed" is the key..

Say you had a forum about pets and had sub forums for each type:
*Dogs
*Cats
*Hamsters

How do you alert newly linked or uploaded "cat" videos to forum members browsing the Cat sub forum?
How do you direct a Cat sub forum fan to the correct location to upload cat videos?

Things I would like a cat fan to avoid
Exit cat sub forum - by clicking video area tab in Nav bar - locating cat video tab - clicking cat video tab - browsing cat video area.
The above journey is at least 3 or 4 clicks away + any comments made on cat videos will be away from the cat sub forum.

I suggest that a new cat video or cat article or cat product review is of keen interest to the Cat sub forum browser

How to manage this sort of multi format taxonomy? Allowing granular focus on one topic of content - but general topic sorting allowed also.

I think visitors should be able to create / upload all sub forum specific (cat) content right where they like to hang out, namely - the cat sub forum.

But I dont think each type of content should be further out of reach in a child forum of the sub forum

So I would want to avoid this

Cat discussion forum
*click away from the cat discussion area to this child node to read and comment on cat articles
*click away from the cat discussion area to this child node to see cat videos and comment on them
*click away from the cat discussion area to this child node to see cat product reviews

I immagine this could perhaps all be done with tags, side columns and custom nav bars per sub forum
Within cat sub forum visitors see:
*Snippets from last 5 new cat articles
*Thumbnails and titles from last 5 new cat videos
*Thumbnails and titles from last 5 new cat reviews

But I have yet to complete this jigsaw in my head yet. How to present related content?

Can anyone see the solution? Or clear up my confusion?

Thanks.

I agree that the user view is to want all content on Topic X (e.g. Cats) together.
Designers split content into text, gallery (pics), videos, blog, sales. That's because the handling is different. But to the user it's all Topic X (Cats) and they don't want to go hunting for different bits of Topic X (Cats) in different places.

Drupal taxonimy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Dan
Any news on this?
Is the project set?
I ask because nothing new is coming more.

Hello,

The project is not completed yet.
Our first goal is to complete the Simple Portal addon. Once that is done, we will put all our hours back into the CMF.
Since there were multiple suggestions on how to handle things, we are still debating over how we will do them.
Once that is done, we will let you know the outcome of that debate and we will then keep you up to date about our progress.

So in short: The project is on hold until the Simple Portal is released :)

Are you writing the add-on?
No, not. I just knew the same team was working on both addons and a lot of activity was showing up on on the Portal lately while CMF had stopped made it clear to me that their focus right now is the Portal.

Hello,

The project is not completed yet.
Our first goal is to complete the Simple Portal addon. Once that is done, we will put all our hours back into the CMF.
Since there were multiple suggestions on how to handle things, we are still debating over how we will do them.
Once that is done, we will let you know the outcome of that debate and we will then keep you up to date about our progress.

So in short: The project is on hold until the Simple Portal is released :)
Since Simple Portal is released, how far is this project along now?

We are currently working on a system based largely on the discussion that guiltar had previously started HERE- . With this addon, you can manipulate the output from the forum and thread view into, well, anything you can think of. ;) vBulletin users could compare this to vBGeek's GARS system. This started out to be a MarketPlace addon for extralicense.com but has since morphed into something much larger and cooler.

Is Content Management Framework still in the works ?

Top Bottom