Collaborative Threads

Collaborative Threads [Paid] 2.11.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
Collaborative Threads needs explicit support for new permission checks, but it might work if that extends existing permission checks. A chunk of those are moderator permissions, which Collaborative Threads explicitly doesn't support.

This add-on does work with User Essentials thread starter permissions which actually offer most of those but support moderators disabling them per-thread

Collaborative Threads needs explicit support for new permission checks, but it might work if that extends existing permission checks. A chunk of those are moderator permissions, which Collaborative Threads explicitly doesn't support.

This add-on does work with User Essentials thread starter permissions which actually offer most of those but support moderators disabling them per-thread
Hmm. Definitely a consideration still at the least.

So with the following Use Case:

An end user can create a thread and specify which other users can reply
All end users can read all threads regardless of collaboration permissions

Can this be supported with the permissions config for the add on?

So with the following Use Case:

An end user can create a thread and specify which other users can reply
All end users can read all threads regardless of collaboration permissions

Can this be supported with the permissions config for the add on?

You're talking about read permissions rather than reply permissions. If interested in making threads private, you should look into Ozzy's Private Threads add-on.

If you use my user essential's add-on and it's "[UserEss] Post replies in other's threads" permission and then set this to "no" for users in a given forum, then share the "reply" permission this can be used to allow per-thread limiting of who can reply.

(This can be done at the top-level via only sharing the reply permission via admin config, or per thread via a custom group)

You can then do something similar with "View threads by others" stock permission (default no for users, yes for moderators) to control read access to a thread by adding users as a collaborator.

This has the advantage over the "private threads" add-on which can't be seen by moderators

Xon updated Collaborative Threads with a new update entry:

2.6.0 - Feature update

• Add php 7.2 type hinting to various methods
  • Vote Tally v2.4.x+ support
  • Fix "Allow edits from collaborators" on thread creation
  • Add support for using inline mod tools to add/remove post collaboration
  • Add "Collaborative thread permissions" Analyze permissions tool which allows inspecting a user's permissions in a thread, and is reply-ban aware. Supports thread reply ban teeth

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,

So I've just renewed this license to try it out again.

I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong but I'm trying to have the collaborators be able to edit the thread post.

What I've is the following:
1) Give all permissions to all collaborators.
2) Have 'Allow post sharing' (Allows a collaborator to enable other collaborators to edit their posts.) enabled.
3) I can then check my own thread/post that have an option to enable edits. I've checked them.

But as a collaborator, I can't edit anything.

Xon updated Collaborative Threads with a new update entry:

2.7.0 - Feature update

• Add option "Thread list: use separate query to fetch collaborative thread user information" (default enabled).
    MariaDB 10.4+ and MySQL 8+ tend to not handle joining from large tables to very small tables well when BNL joins are used.
    This option adds an additional query but avoids potentially catastrophically bad joins.
    See the FAQ for more information
  • Add support for User...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom