Collaborative Threads

Collaborative Threads [Paid] 2.11.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
https://demos.xenaddons.com/showcase/ @Bob

If you also purchase Keyword addon by @Siropu which is already compatible with SC/AMS, then you have a great wiki possibility.

Bob's Showcase addon offers an image gallery, custom fields, category navigation and you can feature items. And you don't need to learn wiki syntax, just normal XF editor. And all showcase pages (wikis) have their own discussion threads. You can also have star ratings etc. enabled.

So, the only big thing left is to have collaboration enabled, just like you can do with this addon for threads. Since Bob's addons are very identical to XFRM, it would be not very hard for Xon to integrate SC/AMS for this addon, because of familiarity.

But of course he is very busy.

PS: Also you can enable the Showcase Filter addon @AddonsLab which gives you more advanced possibilities for a Wiki (combined with custom fields).

Last edited:
We use Collaborative Threads as a wiki itself, doesn't need much else. We also use collaborative resources to wiki-fy resources.

I mean if you have no other option (I don't like the 3 wiki addons here on XF), using normal threads as wiki is a good idea and this addons helps to enable it.

However, I think the Showcase addon approach is still much better for a wiki, because it is more organized, it is more approachable for users to have a dedicated area and you have more layout possibilities (and featuring).

Looks like MySQL 5.7 has a similar performance issue with this add-on as MariaDB 10.4, I'll try working on a general fix but this the integration makes this fairly complex so it isn't going to be soon.

I'll see if there are some optimizer switches which stop the behaviour from happening.

Xon updated Collaborative Threads with a new update entry:

2.4.1 - Maintenance update

• Fix preview when 'always collaborate' is enabled when posting new threads
  • Fix cases where the "Allow edits from collaborators" checkbox didn't show despite collaboration allowing editing of that post
  • If a thread has collaborators, allow a thread starter who does not have permission to start a collaborative thread to mark their posts as editable by collaborators.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to allow an entire usergroup to collaborate on one thread, or does each user have to be specified?
was this ever added as a feature? i don't see it in the update list. unfortunately it doesn't make much sense in my setup to add users individually, so enabling a user group to collaborate on the first post in a thread would be a pretty useful feature.

You can make a user-group auto-collaborate with every thread in a forum. But there isn't any-way to ad-hoc link user-groups per-thread to collaboration.

was this ever added as a feature? i don't see it in the update list. unfortunately it doesn't make much sense in my setup to add users individually, so enabling a user group to collaborate on the first post in a thread would be a pretty useful feature.
I agree. This would be a very useful feature so you can turn a thread into some sort of a wiki thread where anyone can collaborate without having to manually add everyone.

Top Bottom