Collaborative Threads

Collaborative Threads [Paid] 2.11.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
If you are willing to fund feature development it would be doable to include usergroups into a particular ad-hoc collaboration group.

@Xon has this been added yet? i just want to be able to assign an entire usergroup to be able to edit a thread, instead of individual users.

ah well, glad i asked. i'd like it if everyone could edit each one of the sticky threads that are in most of my forum nodes.

Nope. Someone did fund a "always collaborate" permission for a forum but it isn't per-thread

is that option still included in this addon? if the 'always collaborate' option is per node i may still be able to use it for what i'm trying to accomplish :)

It is setup on https://xf2.nixfifty.com/ for anyone who registers, there is a list of all members under thread tools => collaboration but this is more the management UI and isn't really designed to be rendered as part of the thread

Reactions: jul
I don't know if this is the right add-on but all I need is allow members to create a thread in which multiple people can edit content in that same thread/opening post.

Is that what this add-on does?

A list of people who are part of the collab in the thread itself would be nice but ofcourse not essential.

Yes, someone can create a thread then mark individual posts as editable for collaborators. There is a flag to enable edit history to be seen by collaborators for shared posts.

There is then options for everyone as part of a group is automatically a collaborator; or collaborators can be added by the thread starter or moderators.

Yes, someone can create a thread then mark individual posts as editable for collaborators. There is a flag to enable edit history to be seen by collaborators for shared posts.

There is then options for everyone as part of a group is automatically a collaborator; or collaborators can be added by the thread starter or moderators.
Thank you for your reply! That is definitely the add-on for me.

Reactions: Xon
The issue is you need to add collaborators first before the 'Allow edits from collaborators' option shows up when editing a post. Fixed in the next version I'm about to release as that is silly

Xon updated Collaborative Threads with a new update entry:

2.3.1 - Feature update

• Require XenForo 2.1+
  • Update README.md with post-install configuration instructions
  • Add options icon
  • Add option to disable 'thread starter alerts' integration for "always collaborate" permission
  • Add collaborative post edit option during replies (more options) and on new threads
  • Allow viewing of the per-post "Allow edits from collaborators" option for existing collaborative posts when the thread starter can no longer manage collaborative threads
  • Allow setting...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've identified a compatibility issue with this add-on and MariaDB 10.4, where query performance on the thread list page can suffer massive performance regression. Unless join_cache_level is set to 0. In my example it took a query which took 0.002 seconds and made it take +3 seconds.

To change this setting without restarting;
SQL:
set global join_cache_level = 0;

I will look at releasing a workaround so this option isn't required.

Top Bottom