CODForums moves to xenForo!

What do you think you can do to turn it around then? It needs a jump start for sure! What's the SEO on the page like? is it ranked well?
I just ASKED you how much server space does streams cost you? Do you see people using the streams section a lot?

I'm looking for your help, man. C'mon, go back and read what I said.

I don't have experience running streams on a website. I've never done it, so I don't know how it works. Video section, though? I have, and it was a bad experience for me.

Last edited:
That'd be the best thing you said all this time. But everything else you've said in this post - not so good....
Stop taking constructive criticism the wrong way the entire time. People are trying to help you and in doing that you may hear the harsh realities which you are not accustomed to.

I do not appreciate how you called me names here, so for this particular reason... Reported.

geez. i did not call you a name. I basically said to not be a douche, not that you are one. You dont come across as an mod that i would want on my forums, let alone be the admin. Just saying.

I find that hard to believe. Good day.

upload_2014-1-16_14-47-4.webp

upload_2014-1-16_14-53-27.webp

Stop taking constructive criticism the wrong way the entire time. People are trying to help you and in doing that you may hear the harsh realities which you are not accustomed to.
You are being overly negative the whole time through, so I don't take anything you say as fact. I'm trying my best to ignore your negativity. I'm done with you. I've already reported, a mod should be here shortly. Please leave me alone; leave my thread alone. Stay out of my thread.
geez. i did not call you a name. I basically said to not be a douche, not that you are one. You dont come across as an mod that i would want on my forums, let alone be the admin. Just saying.
Funny thing is, I could say the same for you. So, again: If you got nothing positive, or anything [non-]constructive to say. Don't. Say. It.

Even if you say "don't be a douche" it's still an insult.

Does anyone else agree that calling someone "a douche" is calling a person a name? I don't about you dude, if someone called me a douche or "don't be a douche," I'd punch him.

Last edited:
You know I try to stay away from this thread but @Carlos the only reason I continue to watch it is because you have some of the most highest ranked gaming 'admins' giving you advice on how to improve codforums.com and you turn a blind eye to it each and every time. Even guy/gals that have posted in this thread ages ago still come back to give CONSTRUCTIVE ADVISE but you still show a screenshot showing you are getting 'blah blah' when actually it is flat lined.

I'm no pro and will not pretend to be, but there comes a time when a gift horse will turn and run....If you want or need help just say so. You wouldn't see 10 people posting in your thread if they were not trying to help.

Edit: Just to make things clear, I have had plenty of winter ale this evening :p

Last edited:
You know I try to stay away from this thread but @Carlos the only reason I continue to watch it is because you have some of the most highest ranked gaming 'admins' giving you advice on how to improve codforums.com and you turn a blind eye to it each and every time. Even guy/gals that have posted in this thread ages ago still come back to give CONSTRUCTIVE ADVISE but you still show a screenshot showing you are getting 'blah blah' when actually it is flat lined.
No blind eye here dude. Some people just like to speak negatively towards me. Obvious from Taj and Sheldon. Taj thinks he is giving constructive advice, but it's constructive criticism, and puts my methods and actions in the wrong light. Sheldon on the other hand does it a little different, he gives help through constructive advise, then gives me directions on implementing things, but at the same time, he goes and makes arguements - like, real arguemts - moderators even had to delete some posts here.

Every time I feel like there's negativity, I try really hard to ignore them and focus on the suggestions being given. Other than that, the other people that try helping, they do it in a way that's not - for a lack of a better word (for this site) - pushy.
I'm no pro and will not pretend to be, but there comes a time when a gift horse will turn and run....If you want or need help just say so. You wouldn't see 10 people posting in your thread if they were not trying to help.
I want help, just not [the] negativity. Steer away from negative comments and you're fine in my book. Otherwise I'm sitting over here taking all of this [verbal] abuse from people - not going to put me in a productive mood.

There's a reason why my domain is at #1: My methods have been working, it's just the other little details that's the problem. Like no contests, no activity, no streams, and this and that. And I am going to get them fixed. Damnit. Give me some credit, guys. Geez.

Last edited:
Carlos, what you are seeing as people being negative toward you is people trying to help and you not liking what they have to say. No one enjoys having their sites criticised, but when people say the same things over and over again, there comes a point where you have to take a step back from your personal relationship to the site and look at things objectively. CODForums should be one of the most successful COD sites out there, but it's not - everyone who's taken the time out to post in this thread has given you the same reasons, ideas to try, areas to focus on and you refuse to even try pretty much 99% of it all. At some point, all these people helping you are just going to stop bothering because you don't appear to be interested in getting help, you just want people to pat you on the back and say good job".

I don't doubt for a second that my post is going to annoy you, upset you and you'll feel like I'm being negative but, I'm asking you to take a breath, take a step back and read through this thread again and look at it from the perspective of, say, someone who was looking to buy the site off you (I know you're not selling before you go down that path, I'm just telling you to take a different viewpoint from the one you're using) before all the people who have put so much time and effort into trying to help you throw up their hands and quit.

Taj thinks he is giving constructive advice, but it's constructive criticism, and puts my methods and actions in the wrong light.
So you think people giving you constructive criticism is a bad thing?

What do you want if not that? People to say you have done an amazing job with that domain? People to compliment you on your stats that show 80% people never return back to your site? I have no doubt that your forum would be in a far better place than it is now if you stopped with all the 'network' 'CEO' crap, and actually dedicated all that time to making that forum and that alone into what it could be. You have Lego pieces everywhere thinking that you will create numerous towers, when you dont know how to create even one.

Last edited:
So you think people giving you constructive criticism is a bad thing?

What do you want if not that? People to say you have done an amazing job with that domain? People to compliment you on your stats that show 80% people never return back to your site?
YOUR criticism ISN'T about my site, it's about me, and whatever you don't like about me. What did I just say? Stay away. You haven't listened to what I said. This is what I meant.

You even went as far as putting words into my mouth with that last sentence. See guys, this is what I'm talking about.
Carlos, what you are seeing as people being negative toward you is people trying to help and you not liking what they have to say. No one enjoys having their sites criticised, but when people say the same things over and over again, there comes a point where you have to take a step back from your personal relationship to the site and look at things objectively. CODForums should be one of the most successful COD sites out there, but it's not - everyone who's taken the time out to post in this thread has given you the same reasons, ideas to try, areas to focus on and you refuse to even try pretty much 99% of it all. At some point, all these people helping you are just going to stop bothering because you don't appear to be interested in getting help, you just want people to pat you on the back and say good job".

I don't doubt for a second that my post is going to annoy you, upset you and you'll feel like I'm being negative but, I'm asking you to take a breath, take a step back and read through this thread again and look at it from the perspective of, say, someone who was looking to buy the site off you (I know you're not selling before you go down that path, I'm just telling you to take a different viewpoint from the one you're using) before all the people who have put so much time and effort into trying to help you throw up their hands and quit.
You are someone that never liked me before, so when I'm reading this message from you, it's surprising, and refreshing - coming from you. I do listen to suggestions, I do implement ideas. But about 80% of the ideas are really bad, like condensing the General discussion forum, the off topic forum, and the video game forums together just for the sake of activity? What the hell is that? Some people like off topic forums itself, some people like video game stuff alone, some people like to introduce themselves and get their name out thee. Some people like to come and post their clan and get their clan well known, some people like to post videos and get their name well known. Everyone has their tastes.

Let me ask you this: Do you like video games, Azhria? Be honest. I love video games. I do. That's why I friggin' bought this site. Want more? Here.

There is no "special relationship" to the site, you guys (I'm not referring to you as a person, I'm talking about everyone) don't think for a second - not for a second, that I do know a lot. A lot of you think I'm dumb, and I have stupid printed on my head. Especially you, Sheldon. You think, that I'd spend $1000 only to have made a few mistakes, and a few errors in the expense of someone else making that suggestion? No. I learned a lot over the last 10 years posting on, moderating, and administrating sites over that period. I have all this experience under my belt, I'm not going to make the same mistakes over and over again. When I say no video section, it's because of previous experience. When I say, the ranks has to be like this its because it's working for them. When I say no modifications, it's because I learned from the vB4 fiasco. When I say, there's content, LOOK at what I did, instead of just negating what I've done.

Every move I ever made, every move I ever make are all done in a carefully thought-out manner. Every move is calculated on my part. Every. single. one. of them.

You are someone that never liked me before,
I don't know where you got that impression from - I don't dislike you. I don't know you enough to form that particular kind of opinion.

so when I'm reading this message from you, it's surprising, and refreshing - coming from you. [/quote]
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Coming from me? This type of comment is exactly what causes half of the arguments you find yourself in, but not today since I'm far too sleepy and relaxed to bother rising to it :)

Let me ask you this: Do you like video games, Azhria? Be honest. I love video games. I do.
Yes I do. But loving something passionately doesn't mean you know how to make a forum about it successful.

There is no "special relationship" to the site, you guys (I'm not referring to you as a person, I'm talking about everyone)

Then there should be, because you don't have a passion for your forum and love it and hate when people don't like something, then you shouldn't be running a forum :)

Every move I ever made, every move I ever make are all done in a carefully thought-out manner. Every move is calculated on my part. Every. single. one. of them.

Yes, we know that. But they're clearly not working and that's what everyone is trying to make you see. If all these carefully-thought out and calculated moves you're making were doing anything positive for your site, we'd all be sititng here applauding your successes not repeating time after time that the things you're doing aren't working.

Sorry, Carlos, but there you have it.

I don't know where you got that impression from - I don't dislike you. I don't know you enough to form that particular kind of opinion.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Coming from me? This type of comment is exactly what causes half of the arguments you find yourself in, but not today since I'm far too sleepy and relaxed to bother rising to it :)
Were you the owner of Admin Extra? Well, you got your answer. I'm leaving it at that.
Yes I do. But loving something passionately doesn't mean you know how to make a forum about it successful.
Wrong. A lot of people, especially entrepreneur sites, say that if you love a hobby - and you do it passionately, it will work out. I could have just sold this site long time ago, but in the end... I love the industry, despite their flaws.
Then there should be, because you don't have a passion for your forum and love it and hate when people don't like something, then you shouldn't be running a forum :)
I do have a passion for my forum. I'm just saying what you're saying "special relationship" doesn't apply to me. I take a step back and try to see if the suggestion is good of the forum, and meshes with what I think would work for the site. The last question in my mind: Can my server handle this much horsepower?
Yes, we know that. But they're clearly not working and that's what everyone is trying to make you see. If all these carefully-thought out and calculated moves you're making were doing anything positive for your site, we'd all be sititng here applauding your successes not repeating time after time that the things you're doing aren't working.
It's not my fault it's not working. This past year has been hard on a lot of COD sites. Ghosts didn't do any of us any favors. It has been Activision's worst year when it regards Call of Duty. Let me put it this way; the guy that founded the largest Black Ops forum, launched a new Call of Duty forum that's centered around Ghosts - 5,000 posts/300 members. Yeah, it's not just me. It's everyone. Everyone is getting burnt.

I only have a few modifications on CODForums because I learned from vB4 fiasco, I don't want errors. The point I'm trying to get across to you is that my prevention measures are there in the first place to prevent troubles.

My problem with you guys, is that none of you believe in me, or believe in my abilities. None of you. Well guess what guys. I firmly believe in myself, and I believe that in the end I will be successful in what I do.

Last edited:
I still think you could benefit from a "centralized forum home page"(notice I did not say portal as since you have forum in the domain you're banned from using a portal) which lists news articles forum posts about relative things going on in the cod universe with a widget showing your tweets, recent threads ect ect.

I know you say you go straight to forums when you visit them and skip over the "centralized forum home page" but you could give it a try, see how it works out for you.

I still think you could benefit from a "centralized forum home page"(notice I did not say portal as since you have forum in the domain you're banned from using a portal) which lists news articles forum posts about relative things going on in the cod universe with a widget showing your tweets, recent threads ect ect.

I know you say you go straight to forums when you visit them and skip over the "centralized forum home page" but you could give it a try, see how it works out for you.
I'll get to this at some point this week or next week. Right now, I'm trying to get better with the sore throat - it's almost gone.

I chuckled when you said "since you have forum in the domain you're banned from using a portal" I like how you said that. lmfao. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'll get to this at some point this week or next week. Right now, I'm trying to get better with the sore throat - it's almost gone.

I chuckled when you said "since you have forum in the domain you're banned from using a portal" I like how you said that. lmfao. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Honestly Carlos good on you man, at least you'll give it a go. May I recommend Extra Portal A centralized forum home page

Supported well and good guys :D

Were you the owner of Admin Extra? Well, you got your answer. I'm leaving it at that.

Seriously? You're talking about an incident that happened about 2 years ago where you were continuously arguing and causing issues for other members as the basis for me hating you? I don't hate you, Carlos, I just dealt with that particular situation as a forum administrator, there was nothing personal about it.

As for everything else you said, I can't be bothered arguing with you. :)

Seriously? You're talking about an incident that happened about 2 years ago where you were continuously arguing and causing issues for other members as the basis for me hating you? I don't hate you, Carlos, I just dealt with that particular situation as a forum administrator, there was nothing personal about it.

As for everything else you said, I can't be bothered arguing with you. :)
I said. I was leaving at that, geez.

Carlos, the site is perfect. Leave it as is. Stay true to being cold and calculated instead of attacking your site with excitement and vigor.

The activity is perfect, you have almost gained 5,000 messages since (http://www.codforums.com/threads/5-000-posts.1568/) April 21, 2012. I realize it is Jan 2014, but you like calculated posting. Obviously that is working.

Yeah, I will continue to think you are throwing a great opportunity away. I have stated all along, you keep thinking the domain name alone will do it for you, but it isn't. It's continually stagnant. Everyone here has stated multiple times what you should do, yet you seem to think they are all negative and not going to do anything for your site. Obviously that is working.

The only way you are going to stand out in the niche you are in is by being unique, and yet you keep talking about how you want it to be similar for members when they come and see yours. Obviously that is working.

You still haven't finished your forum ranks, so everyone is a private which in turn isn't giving incentive for anyone to post. You likely should just remove that since you aren't going to finish that project you started 3 months ago. Obviously that is working.

Either way, in the end, we all here have tried numerous times to jumpstart you. Solid advice has been posted, logical yet great ideas have been posted. You simply brush off every single one of them, talking about errors or whatever it may be experience you had from vB (guess what, this is xF... a different beast. vB results have nothing to do with how xF responds. Very few errors actually). Obviously that is working.

You purchased the site in Nov. of 2010... I just find it strange other Call of Duty sites are experiencing a much better growth rate than yours in this same time frame if you know that what you are doing works, and they do not....

In the end, I am finished attempting to help you. Apparently all my ideas are flat out ignorant, and everything you have done is working perfectly. Keep at it and I wish you the best.

Dang when I posted my forum in this section I only got two replies. This thread is filled with awesome advice, and some of the most patient constructive criticism I've ever seen.. Kudos to an awesome example of the type of community XF has to offer.. Some people would kill for the type of feedback COD forums is receiving here.. Good luck...

You still haven't finished your forum ranks, so everyone is a private which in turn isn't giving incentive for anyone to post. You likely should just remove that since you aren't going to finish that project you started 3 months ago. Obviously that is working.
How many times do I have to repeat this: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET THE RANKS TO UPDATE.
I just find it strange other Call of Duty sites are experiencing a much better growth rate than yours in this same time frame if you know that what you are doing works, and they do not....
I doubt YOU saw another Call of Duty site experience twice what I or any of the sites I've seen thus far - go 10x further. I said it before and I'll say it again, other Call of Duty sites are suffering discussions RIGHT NOW.

The same guy that founded a Black Ops forum launched a new Call of Duty site; as in... FROM SCRATCH. Fresh.

Black Ops forum: 14k members / 280,000 posts by the time it was sold.
Black Ops 2 forum: 12k members / 160,000 posts by the time it was sold.
CODGhosts forum: 382 members / 7,239 posts - ONE YEAR.

I know what the hell I'm talking about.

I do my research, dude. I do my homework. I have all this knowledge at the back of my head.
Keep at it and I wish you the best.
I love how you love to lie. You don't wish any luck.

I told you before I'd post this, and I'll do it again:
SheldonBowyer.webp

Last edited:
How many times do I have to repeat this: I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET THE RANKS TO UPDATE.

Have you asked for help on this? I'm sure someone would walk you through it if you asked.

The same guy that founded a Black Ops forum launched a new Call of Duty site; as in... FROM SCRATCH. Fresh.

Black Ops forum: 14k members / 50k posts to 150,000 posts by the time it was sold.
Black Ops 2 forum: 12k members / 60k posts by the time it was sold.
CODGhosts forum: 382 members / 7,239 posts - ONE YEAR.

Are these your sites or other peoples? I ask because I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with the list.

I do my research, dude. I do my homework. I have all this knowledge at the back of my head.
But you're not using this research, homework or knowledge to your advantage since your site is mostly dead.

I love how you love to lie. You don't wish any luck.
You don't make it easy for people to wish you luck, to be honest. I'm sorry Carlos, but that's the truth.

I told you before I'd post this, and I'll do it again:
View attachment 64929
Your motive on posting this confuses me. All you've done is shown that you instigated an aggressive conversation between you and Sheldon by being antagonistic on his profile, at which point he responded in kind.

I don't want to get into an argument with you, I really don't. But, honestly, you have to stop being so aggressive towards people when they say something you disagree with. By all means, disagree, dispute, but you shouldn't be so hostile just because you disagree with them. Have you ever heard of the saying "you catch more flies with honey . . ."?

Just sayin' :)

Top Bottom