Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Ok, I've managed to reproduce it. It happens when the option "Display chat page visitors in chatters list" is disabled.
The timezone used by your addon seems not to accept the board's default time zone, and makes very little sense. I select 7:00 PM, and it shows up as 3:00 PM. How does this make sense?

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 7.40.39 PM.webp
Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 7.40.28 PM.webp

@Siropu Feature Suggestion

1. Have bot responses that only work in certain rooms
2. A permission for overriding room expiry, for example, to allow VIPs to have permanent rooms.

@Siropu

One of my member see another another chat windows and can't view the same chat as us.
I know, it is super weird but I tried everything to solve his problem but no change even after 1 day.
I tried this:
  • Tried on another browser.
  • Tried on smartphone.
  • Deleted the cache.
  • Move the user to another group.
  • I tried with my own account on his pc, I have the normal chat.
  • I tried to launch some cron tasks to cleanup but no change.
  • I checked his permission, everything is ok.
  • He doesn't have the possibility to switch to another room or create room.
It is the first time, I have this issue and everything is ok for the other members.
Any suggestion to solve this issue?

I can of course add some captures if needed but it just shows another chat window where he is alone "like on another room" or IDK...

Please post some screenshots because I don't understand what you mean.

Ese flow is the member who have the issue.
You will see that he doesn't see the same chat windows as me...

90982886BC.jpg

Do you see, he is alone in the tchat and he is connected but doesn't appears on the right panel and did not have the same view as us.
Is is super strange..

Please check the att. file, you will see what I see on my computer or members' view a part the member "Ese Flow".

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-10-09 à 19.42.46.webp
    Capture d’écran 2015-10-09 à 19.42.46.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
For me missing something,
Can you make the "whisper" function easier to use? Sometime hard to write the usernames:)

You don't have to write. You can use the whisper option in the chatters list user menu.
Hi buddy ive just noticed something. I have new threads active in the chatbox some open in the same page, some open a new page but sometimes the new page ones require login again?

One of my member see another another chat windows and can't view the same chat as us.
I know, it is super weird but I tried everything to solve his problem but no change even after 1 day
I encountered something similar. My work around was to create a chat room, join that room then rejoin the main chat. That seemed to solve it for me. It was important to actually use the "join room" option to get back to the main chat

@Betclever, is he in the same room? Since you have removed the room name from the chat header, it might be hard to tell in which room you are. Or there aren't any rooms available?

Last edited:
Instead of placing an actual Ad in the 'Ad under editor' box, I used it for an important notice. However, nothing shows anymore in that placement area... it's just blank.

I bought this and my users are really loving it!!!

I have 2 suggestions though that would make the chat perfect:
1. It's hard to make full conversation with whisper, I mean going on the username and clicking whisper or CTRL+V is just exhausting, so my suggestion is to make whisper like a chat room opened when clicking on it, then you can talk in it as you wish, it can be shown in the room messages as well like now with whisper tag.
2. Add an option to the menu for users to go the chat page.

That's all, and keep up the good work @Siropu!

Oh one more suggestion: if you can add an option to decide which users allowed to use the chat based on criteria for example registered users can use the chat after 5 posts, they can see the chat but they cannot send messages, in the place of the input it shows them why they can't use the chat, in my case it should show them "You need 5 posts in order to use the chat", if the criteria is complicated just show a simple message "criteria not met" or something like that.

Top Bottom