Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@TDUBS, in the current version there is a new permission called "View Ads". Have you set it?
@Cyb3r, type /help in the chat and read about the whisper command. You don't have to use CTRL+V.
As for the chat page, you can use the option "Enable Page" and in the box below add one of these options: home, middle or end. You can even link rooms in the navigation using the option "Rooms to display in the navigation".

Regarding the minimum posts criteria, I can help you with that but It won't be added as a feature. Please send me a PM and I will provide all the instructions.

@Cyb3r, type /help in the chat and read about the whisper command. You don't have to use CTRL+V.
As for the chat page, you can use the option "Enable Page" and in the box below add one of these options: home, middle or end. You can even link rooms in the navigation using the option "Rooms to display in the navigation".

Regarding the minimum posts criteria, I can help you with that but It won't be added as a feature. Please send me a PM and I will provide all the instructions.

The question is how can I send sequent messages without clicking on whisper each time or type it manually?

At the moment the quickest way to send a new whisper message to the same users, is to click on the "(Whisper)" text in the message. There is no other way. I might change this in the future.

At the moment the quickest way to send a new whisper message to the same users, is to click on the "(Whisper)" text in the message. There is no other way. I might change this in the future.

That was my point, it would be awesome if you do it just like I described it above, when clicking on username it will take you new popup/chat page or private room, just like any other chat with private conversations.

Thanks. ;)

I've said this in the past, private chat will be a new Add-on. I might change the way private conversations work in this chat as well.

Hopefully by the end of this year. I still have one major feature I want to implement in this chat (if I can pull it off without affecting performance).

I've purchased your addon yesterday and I'm very happy with it, @Siropu . However, I have a little problem when using it within templates.

I have two templates,

chat_1
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=1'}"></xen:callback>

chat_2
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=2'}"></xen:callback>

Then I define two widgets within the widget framework and show the two different chats in forum_1 and forum_2. This works pretty good, but in both cases chatroom 1 is shown. Of course my users can manually switch to chatroom 2 when they visit forum_2. But as far as I understood the setting params="{xen:array 'room_id=2'} should load chatroom 2 when viewing the page.

Any ideas what I can do?

When you allow room change in embed mode, it will display the last room in which you have been active. I will add an extra parameter if you want to prevent that.

>>I will add an extra parameter if you want to prevent that.
That would be great because I realized that it is a bit confusing for some of my visitors @Siropu

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features, Improvements & Bug Fixes

Chat Page Sidebar
Now you can enable the sidebar on chat page and display the widgets of your choice.

I have added the option to display top chatters widget and ads below the visitor panel on chat page sidebar.

New Sound Alerts
Whisper and bot messages now have their own sound alerts.

I've also made a change so that the sound will still play if the window is not active and display mode is not "All Pages".

Embed Mode Changes
If you are enabling rooms in embed mode and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Curious to know how the addon performs when the number of simultaneous chatters exceeds 50+. Does it make the server crawl?

@Siropu

My users and I love the sound updates! However, this update seems to have broken the "Enable new message window blink alert". We are not able to see the tab's text updated with new messages anymore.

@-Andromeda-

The bot works fine on my site. More details?

Top Bottom