Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Just installed this chat and turned of all rooms, private massaging and image uploads to reduce it to a simple shoutbox, and that worked great.

One question:

I got a rather old German translation for this chat v1.22 from xendach.de, which is still fine and works for most phrases.
Phrase siropu_chat_bot_new_user seems to welcome newly registered users, great idea.
siropu_chat_bot_new_user was already translated, but the chat does not use the translation - or in a newer chat version the phrase changed, but I do not find the correct new one. Which phrase is responsible for this, please

Code:
{name} is our newest member. Welcome!

Mmmmh, I see. But I think, the translation was existing before the new user registered. Will see with next new user.

No, it's still showing up in English. Everything else (as far as I can see) is in German or can be translated into German and works.

The phrase it uses the default set language of the user who registers. Try adding the following code:
Code:
XenForo_Phrase::setLanguageId($id);
In library/Siropu/Chat/DataWriter/Extend/User.php after this line:
Code:
protected function _postSave()
    {

Replace $id with the actual ID of your language.

I am so sorry if this has been asked, but I searched and can't find the answer. I can scroll back through the chat, but my users and moderators can't. Please tell me where the setting is to allow the users to scroll back through previous messages. TIA.

There is no setting or permission to allow scrolling. It is available to everyone. How many messages are you displaying by default?

When users visit the chat page for the very first time they see a message "You haven't joined any room". They have to click on the "+" to see a list of available rooms they can join.

What I found out that some of my less experienced users don't realize that they have to click on the "+" button.

We have two chatrooms. Is it possible to link to room nr. 2 directly? Or is it posisble to view the room list (/chat) without a click on "+". @Siropu

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-23 um 13.27.04.webp
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-23 um 13.27.04.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 8
You can set a default room in chat admin options under "Default joined rooms". This will affect only the users who haven't used the chat before.

You start the message with /giphy and then a search item for something.
"/giphy funny trump"

(or something less political) when you press Enter you get a gif that represents what you searched for (sort of).

Top Bottom