Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hey @Siropu,

Two things, one I hope you can fix, and one I hope you consider as a new feature.

The first this is that I recently bought a new monitor, it has a high resolution and so I had to zoom my browser in a bit to make not quite as small. All that is fine, however I noticed that for whatever reason, now the chat doesn't seem to scroll to the bottom of the chat when there are new messages. I'm guessing that it's just a display issue and cannot be fixed from your addon, but was hoping it could be, or that may be you can point me in a direction to troubleshoot it?

The second is a feature request that I really hope you will consider.

My chat is used quite a bit and there are always good conversations going there. Obviously not everyone is around at all times, and there are things that are missed that other members would be interested in.

What I would like to do, is have a usergroup permission that would allow the following (not a mod permission, general chat permission):

Select a chat message by clicking an icon (like the edit ones you have now), this would open a popup window with a default of say 50 lines of the chat surrounding that line. Then, a dropdown that would list all forums that user has access to post a new thread in, and a text box for "Subject".

This would then start a new thread in edit mode and display those chat lines. Then, the user could edit the chat content to include only what they wanted (filtering out other chat "noise" that didn't pertain to the subject) in the thread however they wanted.

So the overall idea is to create a copy of the chat that would be good as a forum post, into a new thread for further discussion so that others may join in.

This would (I hope), get more discussion going about whatever subject it was, and promote more conversation on the forum overall.

I might be able to do something about that issue.
As for the feature request, If that's a feature that more users will request, we'll see.

Top Bottom