Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm having lags as well, but on PC. Browser becomes unresponsive after a while. Disabling the "all page" chatbox resolves the issue, until I enable it back again.
I'm still running the 1.21.5 version

@Maester Aemon, you have to add SPOILER in the "Disallowed BBCodes" option if you want to prevent users from using it.
@iraqiboy90, are you using "Alert Count" or "Live Update" Add-on?
Ugh sorry, I'm tired.

I added it now, stupid me.

Also what settings do you recommend so that users won't experience lag?

Oh and can you make the dedicated chat page custom. For example I want the dedicated chat page to display Y messages while the main chat page displays X?

And for example it should be Y height instead of X height which is on the main page.

@iraqiboy90, if you disable that option, does it still happens?
@Maester Aemon, the default settings should be ok. Not everyone seems to have this issue so I have to investigate it to see where's the issue. If the option to set different message limit on chat page is requested by more users, then I will add it. As for the height, you can use CSS as every display mode has its own css class.

Code:
.siropuChatPage #siropuChatContent {}

Users can use the maximized mode instead and in my opinion you should leave that option in users hand.

Yes, it does. When someone creates a thread or posts a new reply, an announcement will be posted into the chat. You can even select to post from certain forums only.

Feature request/suggestion:
Please add an option to Display posts in selected rooms only.
e397a797dcba045c50f7e22aba619929.png

or, for more advance feature is making Chat option per forum/sub forum basis, something like this:
549c5d778f8a6f823c7fbb137333d91e.png

As we can set moderator per forum basis so we need a feature to determine which new thread alert to send to a certain room. Forum also generally has a sub forum section dedicated for moderator discussion. So, we need a feature to send alert to Moderator room chat for new thread in moderator sub forum, but we won't it to be sent to other rooms. This features/options will be helpful and will be loved by moderators.

Or another approach for the same goal is to add an option : Only selected user groups can see new post notification, like in this picture below. With this option, moderator can see some new post notification in General room or in a certain room but registered users can't see it. Something like you did for whisper message, maybe.
5f038a0481cb50f480be6e488e6716bb.png

What do you think about this feature suggestion, @Siropu :)

Yo, when I go to another page, the content of the chatbox is empty. I need to type something else to see what was in the chat. Do you know what's going on? (I'm using the embed mode, if it helps).

@SoeHoe, I don't know. I'm thinking of changing the way forum activity is displayed in the chat.
@Enguerran A, if you are using 1.21.6, enable the admin chat option "Allow room change in embed mode" and use this embed code instead:
Code:
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=0', 'force_room=1'}"></xen:callback>

I agree - this would be fantastic.

Siropu, would easily make a killing if he released a premium version of his chat with Private chat. I doubt anyone would complain about dropping 50 dollars for an Ajax based private chat app with solid support for Xenforo .

CometChat and ArrowChat make too many promises they can't really deliver on with forum apps.

Hello !

The bug in a chat, at the message from the Guest !

See:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom