Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
@TMC, have you uploaded the files from "data" directory to your server? The change is done on chat refresh so if your test user wasn't active in the chat, the chat refreshes based on the option "Refresh rate inactive session (Visible)".

Yes, I have uploaded all the files. It's actually brand new setup on my test environment as I'm only just now getting ready to add this to my live site.
Made a small gif to demonstrate the issue:
edit.gif
Both users are definitely active as can be seen. (Used different browsers, so when the theme changes I'm switching to the other user/browser)

Do you see any errors in admin logs or in browser console? I've just done a new test and I don't see any problems.

Just passing by. I tried editing a chat message before on my live forum, and it edited the message just fine without reloading the page.

SO having scanned the 41 pages here LOL I'm wondering if this chat program saves an archive to a node or some such separate areas?
Oh yeah and how well does it look on a dark or black style?

Got this error message a few times today. No idea what the hell my guys were trying to do.

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/dressedw/public_html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php on line 19 and defined - library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php:103
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 7:09 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/dressedw/...', 103, Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php(19): XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages(NULL, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Parser))
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderHtml()
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', 'Html', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...')
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(601): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...', NULL)
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://dressedwell.net/index.php?chat/refresh"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Do you see any errors in admin logs or in browser console? I've just done a new test and I don't see any problems.
No errors reported anywhere. What makes it even weirder is that when I synced all files and database to my other server, which is running php7 for testing, everything works fine.
Well at least I now know that it must be some sort of setup issue on my server then, no idea what's causing it tho as webserver and settings should be exactly the same (apart from php 5.6.11 -> latest 7 beta version).

When a user of chat is tagged by another user do they get an email alert? or just a forum alert? or just a sound alert on the chat?

Oh right, @Siropu, I'm rather curious about enable.js and mod.js files. When are they being used by the add-on?
enable.js is used when the chat is disabled by the user and wants to re-enable it.
mod.js is used for edit/delete/ban/report.

@Rambro, in version 1.17.3? The only way I could reproduce this in earlier versions was by going to chat/refresh/ directly. I really don't see how could this happen now.

@TMC, is allow_url_fopen enabled in php.ini?

@Bionic Rooster, tagged users see the message highlighted and if alerts are enabled in admin chat options, they will get forum alerts too.

@TMC, is allow_url_fopen enabled in php.ini?
Yes, it is. I don't know what happened, but it seems to be working now. I did update to the new 1.17.3 build today and that seems to have magically fixed the problem.
Maybe some file had indeed uploaded incorrectly before and it got fixed when I overwrote 'em. Don't really know, but at least it's working now and that's all that matters :)

How can we change the avatar for the chat bot? I keep thinking its Clippy from MS Office.
Upload avatar to your server and then head to
Admin CP -> Style Properties -> Chat -> Settings -> Bot Avatar and change the path/filename to suit your needs.

Top Bottom