Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Does anyone have this add-on installed on a live forum with around 20-50 members regularly online at the same time and people posting messages in the shoutbox every second?

When I go to index.php?chat/refresh, I get this error. It's been happening for months.

Code:
An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php on line 19 and defined in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php on line 103

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php at line 103
    XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages() in Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php at line 19
    Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 586
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fdsa/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

@silence Strange. I'm still on 1.17.1 since I'm still kinda lazy to update it (especially since I'll have to add some manual edit to the js file for every update..), but I've never seen any error from that link appear on my Server Error Logs till now. And no reports from members as well :o

@silence Strange. I'm still on 1.17.1 since I'm still kinda lazy to update it (especially since I'll have to add some manual edit to the js file for every update..), but I've never seen any error from that link appear on my Server Error Logs till now. And no reports from members as well :eek:
Well dumping the params in ViewPublic I don't get an index of chatMessages (even though it's outputting that index when looking at Chat ControllerPublic, for me it's messages. Changing it to that (messages) seemed to fix my issue.

Also @Siropu shouldn't you change the actionRefresh to this:
PHP:
    public function actionRefresh()
    {
        $this->_assertPostOnly();

return $this->_getChat($this->_getRoomID());
    }

Since it should really only be accessed via POST anyways :D

I changed the ViewPublic Public from this:
PHP:
XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages($this->_params['chatMessages'], $bbCodeParser);
To this:
PHP:
XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages($this->_params['messages'], $bbCodeParser);
And the errors are gone. Might be something screwy with my forum if nobody else is experiencing this issue :(

Maybe you have it outputting the index message somewhere else.

Last edited:
@Siropu

I got the same error message with the latest version of the Siropu chat.
Did you plan to insert in future version a possibility to add favorites smilies like a favorite list or something like this?

Got this error message today and I can't make heads or tails of it. I suspect its nothing, but still:

Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/dressedw/public_html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php on line 19 and defined - library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php:103
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 7:10 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php(103): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/dressedw/...', 103, Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/Siropu/Chat/ViewPublic/Public.php(19): XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::bbCodeWrapMessages(NULL, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Parser))
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Siropu_Chat_ViewPublic_Public->renderHtml()
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', 'Html', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...')
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(601): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Siropu_Chat_Vie...', Array, 'siropu_chat_mes...', NULL)
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://dressedwell.net/index.php?chat/refresh"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/refresh"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@silence, It's a good idea to add $this->_assertPostOnly(); I don't know why I haven't added it there because I've used it in other places. :)
You can't change $this->_params['chatMessages'] with $this->_params['messages'] because doing that will break the chat page as there is no array called "messages" passed from the controller.

I will release a bug fix today for it.
Did you plan to insert in future version a possibility to add favorites smilies like a favorite list or something like this?
I'm sorry but I'm not. Too much work and extra queries for a feature that few will use.
https://xenforo.com/community/members/betclever.91464/

Is this improvement, which was introduced couple version ago, working for everyone:
Edit, delete and prune actions will now be reflected to all chatters on chat refresh without having to reload the page.

On my installation I have to reload the page to see any changes. Tested by editing and deleting a msg with a test user.

@Rambro, I'm using $this->isInsert() to check that but for some reason it returns true when threads are moved. I will post a bug report to see whats' going on.

@TMC, have you uploaded the files from "data" directory to your server? The change is done on chat refresh so if your test user wasn't active in the chat, the chat refreshes based on the option "Refresh rate inactive session (Visible)".

Top Bottom