Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Really awesome add-on, thank you for creating it! I have a couple of minor suggestions:
  1. Have an "Add Room" link/button somewhere within the "Join More Rooms..." tab. A lot of my members didn't even know they could create their room since it's only in the Options dropdown.
  2. In "All Pages" mode it'd be nice if there was an option to have it remember if the chat was hidden or visible between page changes. The only way to achieve that right now is to constantly toggle the "Disable auto hide" option appropriately.
My apologizes if those are already possible and I missed them somewhere in the impressive amount of options. Thank you again for this chat add-on! :)

Please consider to add Chat messages to the XenForo statistics so that we can keep track on chat activity.
I can see statistics for all addons except chat.

When clicking on pictures in the chat, they show in original form, so very large pictures is filling the whole screen and you need to scroll to see the rest of the picture. Is there a way to make it scaleable to fit screen?

Suggestion: (So that your add-on is better compatible with most styles)
- Use Font awesome (or other) rather than images
- User style properties color and not defined colors

Something we are really missing is alerts for new private chat messages. Often members send chat convos and the receiving party only becomes aware days later. Please consider to add:

If a member has unread messages and has not read them for 5 minutes, then send an alert.

Thanks. Next problem I have is there is no user guide and I have no idea what I am doing now lol. I make the rooms but then have no idea how to get to said rooms and then how do I find out the room id's

Sorry to keep being a pain.

You can find the room ID by hovering over the edit/delete room icon in room list. It will show up in the URL in the left corner of the browser. Where do you want to embed the chat exactly?

Reactions: SRO
Thanks for the info.. i have a page that I use to show a twitch live stream and I want to have it under there.. I have manged to get the main chat there with the Iframe code you posted but I wanted to embed the chat room I set up in there.

I added this to thread_view template:
Code:
<xen:sidebar>
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=6', 'sidebar=2'}"></xen:callback>
</xen:sidebar>

But it doesn't show up in the threads?

@SRO, try this. Go to pagenode_container template and add this code:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$page.node_name} == 'urlportion'">
<xen:callback class="Siropu_Chat_Callback" method="getChat" params="{xen:array 'room_id=1'}"></xen:callback>
    </xen:if>
Above this code:
Code:
<div class="bottomContent">
1. Replace urlportion with URL Portion of your page.
2. Change the room id accordingly in the callback above.
3. Set display mode in chat admin option to "Embed".

But it doesn't show up in the threads?
Have you set display mode to "Embed"?

Just updated. How do we enable the like messages? Should both usergroups have them enabled for it to show?

Top Bottom