Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I've made some changes for the next release so everything should be ok on popup mode.
Glad you and your users are liking it. :)

Is there a way to lengthen the chat box?
What do you want to do, make the height smaller or bigger? To make it bigger, use the maximized mode in your user settings. You can change the height and other things from chat style properties.
It doesn't seem to be available in any mode?
You are on the dedicated chat page. In popup it's still the chat page. Option shows up in all the other display modes.

What do you want to do, make the height smaller or bigger? To make it bigger, use the maximized mode in your user settings. You can change the height and other things from chat style properties.

You are on the dedicated chat page. In popup it's still the chat page. Option shows up in all the other display modes.

I'm not sure that I am. I click chat and this is the page that opens. I have not selected pop up in this instance.

As for the height - I did lengthen it by a factor of ten, but it didn't change the length at all. Is this the "Window maximum messages display" option?

I'll check on a different device..

Edit: Users can just use leave room via clicking their username, for now.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I am. I click chat and this is the page that opens.
That's the dedicated chat page.
Is this the "Window maximum messages display" option?
No, it's not. Height is controlled via chat style properties in Appearance > Style Properties > Chat > Content Container
As a user, you have an option in your personal chat settings called "Enable maximized mode".

That's the dedicated chat page.

No, it's not. Height is controlled via chat style properties in Appearance > Style Properties > Chat > Content Container
As a user, you have an option in your personal chat settings called "Enable maximized mode".

Outstanding. I did change the height, but it only seems to work on the pop up mode view. It doesn't change height in the view I posted above.

No that I know of the style area, is this where I would change the height of the ad area?

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

New Admin Options
  • Link chat tab to full page version - If enabled, chat page will link to the full page version with no forum header and footer.
  • Enable private conversation alerts - If enabled, users will get an alert notification when someone starts a private conversation with them.
  • Enable /poke command - If enabled, users can poke each other in private conversations, when the other person doesn't respond. This command is user permission based.
  • Maximum dice...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When someone is tagged, it shows up as black text on a blue background. Any idea what I need to change to fix this?

IMG_5984.webp

Any of the below fixed in this release?

You haven't enabled the rooms feature? If I think about it, I haven't added the option to go back to general chat when not using rooms feature. Will be changed in RC2.

I am testing out the new RC on my big board. I am encountering some issues:
  1. If in private chat then the 'settings' drop down closes before you can change any settings.
  2. Once in the private chat mode, its really hard to get out of it. Clicking on rooms or on the breadcrumb does not work. If I click on the chat navigation tab then I quickly see the main chat room for a second and then the private chat is loaded.
  3. When I then leave the private chat and enter a message in the main chat room, I get an error 'no private conversation was started'

As a follow-up to a previous post: We had a couple hundred peripheral in each chstroom yesterday (not all at the same time). The #1 question was, "How do I leave the chat?"

Suggestion: A button to the top that says, "Exit" or "Leave" would be very useful. When pushed, the chat should close for that person entirely. Having the chat still open at the bottom of the page (display mode location) is far less ideal than closing it entirely. And my guess is it continues to use resources.

How do I leave the chat?
To leave the room you are in:
1. You can use the /quit or /leave command - I've just found out that this command doesn't work anymore and will be fixed in the next release.
2. You can double click on the room tab if admin option "Leave room on room tab double click" is enabled.
3. You can use the leave option in your chatters list user options.

To quit entire chat, just use the user option "Disable chat" in chat settings drop down menu. Like I said before, this option doesn't show up on chat page and popup mode.

If, in the ACP>options>chat area I check "disable chat."

What does this do? I have it selected and the chat still works (which is a good thing).

Does this feature disable the chat bar at the bottom of the page?

If, in the ACP>options>chat area I check "disable chat."
It disables the chat by default for new chat users.

Does this feature disable the chat bar at the bottom of the page?
The chat bar displays only in "All Pages" mode which can be changed from chat admin options "Display Mode". If you have enabled the permission to change display mode from chat user settings, then that setting will overwrite the admin option, so you as a user can make the chat display where you want.

This error showed up:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: A non-numeric value encountered - library/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPublic/Chat.php:1759
Generated By: xDominiel, Today at 6:05 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPublic/Chat.php(1759): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'A non-numeric v...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 1759, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Siropu_Chat_ControllerPublic_Chat->actionSubmit()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/aspiescentral.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "https://www.aspiescentral.com/index.php?chat/submit"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["chat/submit"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(19) {
    ["target"] => string(6) "public"
    ["message"] => string(8) "/roll +n"
    ["room_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["conversation_id"] => string(1) "0"
    ["user_rooms"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(3) "395"
    }
    ["last_id"] => string(3) "395"
    ["activity_last_id"] => string(3) "335"
    ["activity_last_update"] => string(10) "1488930816"
    ["users_last_update"] => string(10) "1488931539"
    ["session_last_update"] => string(10) "1488931428"
    ["inverse"] => string(1) "0"
    ["hide_bot"] => string(1) "0"
    ["no_users"] => string(1) "0"
    ["show_ignored"] => string(1) "0"
    ["all_pages"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(6) "/chat/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Hey @Siropu - first, thanks for a great product and regular updates!

I have a feature suggestion is like to propose. One big problem I think many communities are having is that member submissions are spread over many different places, and with more people using mobiles they tend to post less on forums and use things like quick chat, Discord, etc more.

This is sad in some ways as it can make a website / forum look dead even when there is activity in other places. In turn this can make it harder to attract new members to join the community.

My solution would be to allow us to select messages from the chat archive and convert them into forum threads, not in one big block, but with each chat message being converted into an individual post added to the post and user count.

While this would take a lot of back end management, it would be well worth it for those who are suffering from a split community, and hopefully help is show our activity better.

Thanks for considering :)

Top Bottom