Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
XF doesn't seem to cache smilies. If you look in the browser console when a thread page loads, you will see that the smilie image sprite is loaded every time.

I don't see smilies loading every time anywhere else but in chat, actually... in chat I can see them turning from text to graphics every time I use them in chat or open the smilies dropdown (especially easily visible with a large list of non-default ones as they load one by one), but whenever I do it on the forums, they're all always preloaded, which seems to indicate that they're cached. Especially for boards with a large number of smilies or images/animations used as smilies, this can add up pretty fast.

I was thinking that maybe you've got something in your code that prevents all caching in chat overall that's preventing browsers from caching smilies in chat as well?

@Gladius, chat doesn't do anything different from XF. If a thread has smilies, they will load each time and I see this here on xenforo.com as well.
@Glockie, what do you mean?
Sorry ignore me, was thinking of something else.. Last time we spoke I meant about mobile support. That's what I mean, not responsive.
My apologies, was Freudian Slip.

@Siropu

Excellent add-on! Very complete and many of the smallest details covered, which isn't very common out of the box. Congrats and I hope you earn some good $$, you deserve it, there is clearly a ton of work in this!

Here's my install (so far): http://dirtrider.net/forums3/

I have (of course) a feature suggestion for you. I'll keep it short. :)

We have a need to use the chat add-on to do "special guest" , live, question & answer sessions with site visitors. Think of a call-in show on talk radio.

1) It would require a room (queue) to accept questions from visitors, where a moderator can review them, delete the crap, etc....

2) moderator would then pick appropriate / good questions and move them one by one (as they are answered) to the open room, for the special guest to answer. All visitors can see this room, but can't post in it, only the special guest and moderator an post.

3) at the end of the session, the moderator would move the chat transcript to a forum post (automated would be great), where the visitors can continue the conversation with or without the special quest.

Any thoughts on this? Possible? Custom development? I believe a lot of admins would find this useful. Forgive me if this is something available elsewhere, but I'd rather not have this functionality in a standalone add-on if I can avoid it.

@Okiewan, glad you like it. As for the feature suggestion, you can have public and private rooms with the current setup but you can't join a room without the ability to post as it beats the purpose of the chat. I can add the ability to post messages to a thread since it has been requested before and maybe the option to move/copy a post to a different room if requested by more users.

There won't be any new features added for a while and when the time comes, I'll see what can and what can't be implemented.

@Siropu Ah, I believed so. I was kinda too lazy to confirm by looking for the template, lol. Alright then, thanks! I'll probably do it manually once I have enough motivation to upgrade.

I got missing phrase in 1.24.3: siropu_chat_settings_disable_desktop_notifications

EDIT: Uhm, wait a moment..

EDIT2: Never mind.

I'm planning to build a new Add-on for 1 on 1 conversations and it will be something different from the current available Add-ons.
Any news about your 1on1 conversation addon? what would be different from the current available addons?

I seriously hope that this won't be separate from the Chat because having it included would make perfect sense.

Any news about your 1on1 conversation addon? what would be different from the current available addons?
Hopefully, will be ready this summer. I like to do things differently so I can't tell you anything. :)

I seriously hope that this won't be separate from the Chat because having it included would make perfect sense.
If you are referring to the 1-1 chat, it will be a separate add-on. I might add a simple 1-1 chat in this one as well but the functionality will be completely different form the other one.

Top Bottom