Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Is it possible to set this up so that multiple 1x1 conversations are possible, in which its customer with a support person?

Customer 1 starts conversation with support person 1
Customer 2 starts conversation with support person 1
No one else sees these conversations.

In fact the chat area doesn't appear unless they are in the support forum which only they can see. See pixel exit's support thread as example of thread being between one person and people with support permission.

This chat is mostly for public conversations. You can chat in private using the /whisper command but within the same chat room. What you need is probably a customer support chat.

Siropu updated Chat by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Improvements
  • Added 2 new chat positions: Above Content & Below Content
  • Added ability to edit rules from the chat
  • Change flood error message to top slide-down message.
Bugs Fixed
  • Issues with /mute command
  • Issues with the archive pagination (empty pages) and guests
  • Issues with "Set last active tab default" and guests
  • Using /quit command when having a colored message and not providing a leave message, will result in an empty () after the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Newest update integrated well, without any troubles. :) And since I added "baseHtml" to the "Rules" template, it respects HTML... ;)

Some Suggestions:
  • Archive: Separating Forum Activity Updates from the "General Chat" archive. At least to have a "Forum Activity" pre-selector in the pull-down selection but remove it from the "General Chat" because it is cluttered then.
  • Forum Activity to respect last post ID: So when I click on the forum activity it just takes me to the last post ID and not the thread first post in general.

• Forum Activity to respect last post ID: So when I click on the forum activity it just takes me to the last post ID and not the thread first post in general.

I agree, it should take you to the /unread rule of the forums, so the player knows the X user replied but the user reads from what's unread to not break the flow of this functionality.

Over that, Suggestion is: Option to open this links from activity and etc on a new page to avoid forcefully leave the chat.

Over that, Suggestion is: Option to open this links from activity and etc on a new page to avoid forcefully leave the chat.

Yes! Especially when you are in the small "Popup" window mode. Now it jumps to the forum and your entire site is in the small popup window.

Another Suggestion: It would be cool that every time one chat user starts writing, an "animation" (like three hopping balls or something) is shown as the last message. This should be also made permission based, who can see the animation. But it would really add to the liveliness of the chat.

Another thing... When "Forum Activity" is "blinking" (someone posted something in the forum) and it is unanswered (not clicked to check), it produces one entry of the same forum activity every second. So when I do not click it for 5 seconds, I have 5 activity notifications in the chat window. Is there any chance to cut it off after the activity is listed once?

So when I do not click it for 5 seconds, I have 5 activity notifications in the chat window. Is there any chance to cut it off after the activity is listed once?
The default behavior is to post the message only once. I can't reproduce it. Does it happen all the time? Does it happen in any display mode?

• When muting a user, the command will go through but it will show a "Please Wait..." on the moderator's chat window. This will eventually error out with "The server hasn't responded in time :(" This is a bit of an issue, as it prevents a moderator from chatting for some seconds after issuing the mute command.
  • A user can be muted twice, this is weird.
  • Perhaps using /mute or /kick a second time when the user has already been muted or kicked should UNmute or UNkick.

Suggestion: Implement a "thumbs up" button. It just places a thumbs up symbol/ icon. Sometimes this is the fastest way to communicate.

There seems to be a CSS bug: The admin class ".siropuChatAdmin" is a separate class, so the li object in the Chat is ".siropuChatBot.siropuChatAdmin" while for moderators it is ".siropuChatBotsiropuChatModerator" which brings some nasty layout differences. I think it should be ".siropuChatBot.siropuChatModerator" with ".siropuChatModerator" as a separate class like for the admins.

Give an option to invite people to the chatroom by clicking there profile card please... That is must needed.. Its hard getting people to join the chat room. Thanks..

Talking about bugs, i'm facing the most annoying issue on a random basis.

Sometimes i just input 2 smilies on the chat box normally, and get one error that goes over the limit, that is set as 5! Then i try again and it works, what may this be?

Top Bottom