Chat by Siropu

Chat by Siropu [Paid] 1.25.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I'm waiting for a bugfix release that's going to address all the issues that have come up here lately before installing... no new features until all the bugs are fixed, hopefully.

You are welcome.
There isn't but you can hide the option from siropu_chat template

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.siropu_chat_page.enabled}">
                            <li><xen:include template="siropu_chat_popup_link" /></li>
                        </xen:if>

You can add style="display: none;" to the <li> tag.

No, not yet. After the next bug fix release, there will be a feature freeze for a while. It will be an opportunity to experiment. :)

I'm waiting for a bugfix release that's going to address all the issues that have come up here lately before installing... no new features until all the bugs are fixed, hopefully.

Yep, I've been waiting on the 1.21 branch, until none these release blocking bugs are fixed.

Two minor bugs I found with the latest version.

HELP overlay modal:

1) /giphy help block appears although the permission is set to not allow. As with /kick, /prune etc. it should only appear when permissions allow.
giphy.webp

2) Phrase has /quit but then the explanation is /leave
quit_leave.webp

That is also true for the list below the "Your current permissions allows you to use the following commands:" headline.

A template bug: "Rules" allows "HTML" but it is not rendering HTML correctly in the Rules Overlay Modal (it ignores the HTML tags). I guess it is a CSS Class thing. Something like "messageText ugc baseHtml" is missing.

1) /giphy help block appears although the permission is set to not allow. As with /kick, /prune etc. it should only appear when permissions allow.
It's not a bug. You can see the available commands and at the bottom you see what commands you can use based on permissions.

2) Phrase has /quit but then the explanation is /leave
You are right but /leave is an alias which works the same.

As for the rules, HTML works for me and you can see it on my demo site.

It's not a bug. You can see the available commands and at the bottom you see what commands you can use based on permissions.
It is confusing, if you display a help hint but can't use it. It would be more consistent if the help blocks for those commands are hidden, when permissions do not allow. Same as for "Prune" and "Kick". The help blocks are not displayed if the permissions do not allow.

You are right but /leave is an alias which works the same.
No, does not. Only /quit works. It should be the same, otherwise it is confusing.

As for the rules, HTML works for me and you can see it on my demo site.
Have your tried it with <p> and <ul> / <li> tags? That's not working, even in Default Style.

It is confusing, if you display a help hint but can't use it.
It's not confusing because you can see what commands you can use. A user might not have some permissions when first reading help page but might have them later and knowing which commands are available in the chat isn't a bad idea in my opinion.

No, does not. Only /quit works.
Actually, /leave works and you can test it on my site. But you are right, it should be /quit in the help page.

Have your tried it with <p> and <ul> / <li> tags? That's not working, even in Default Style.
They all work.

It's not confusing because you can see what commands you can use. A user might not have some permissions when first reading help page but might have them later and knowing which commands are available in the chat isn't a bad idea in my opinion.
Why not having /kick and /prune included then? Consistency, either in one direction or the other.

Actually, /leave works and you can test it on my site. But you are right, it should be /quit in the help page.
I admit, you are right. /leave works too – it must have been a glitch when I tested it – but of course: it should be one command and not a mix.

They all work.
No, not even on your demo site.

No HTML rendering...

siropu_chat_rules_overlay_not_html.webp

Correct HTML rendering

siropu_chat_rules_overlay_html.webp

Because I added the "baseHTML" class...

siropu_chat_rules_code_html.webp

Anytime HTML is allowed to be placed, the "baseHTML" class must be included, so that HTML can be rendered correctly.

Why not having /kick and /prune included then? Consistency, either in one direction or the other.
Those commands are designed for moderators.
No HTML rendering...
When you say it's not rendering that means that the code is being displayed as is, which isn't the case. If you are referring to the fact that ul doesn't have default css bullets and padding, that's a different story. I've tried adding baseHTML and I don't see any difference.

Top Bottom