Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I wonder if a future version could have an option to specify "BOT AVATAR" for AI responses? Right now it uses (?) as avatar.
Thanks

@Siropu

Embedding chat in another webpage?

Currently, I am using a xenforo to create a forum within our community.

We have a WordPress separate independent websites.

Is there a way for me to create groups and embed chat into WordPress websites?

When a visitor accesses the site, there will be a chat box that requires them to enter their name, email, phone number, and support request.

It will automatically connect to a predefined group chat/channel.

And the visitor can only chat with users in this chat channel / Group.

Is there a way to achieve this?

I wonder if a future version could have an option to specify "BOT AVATAR" for AI responses?
Sure.

Is GPT-3.5 Turbo and GPT-4 possible?
GPT-3.5 Turbo is default. GPT-4 doesn't seem to work with API unless you are approved and from what I've seen there are a lot of people who are still waiting to get access.

Embedding chat in another webpage?
Each room has the embed option but it only works with /nick for guests.

Quck questions:
I noticed in the forums that when someone uses a / command, the Chat Bot name isn't aligned with the comment

Screen Shot 2023-08-15 at 1.03.30 PM.webp
Also, it appears that when the Chat Bot makes an announcement like this, it doesn't use it's own assigend avatar. How can I force it to use the avatar I assigned to it?

Thanks in advance :)

You can create a new command for it and add it via ACP > Chat > Commands but you need to know PHP in order to implement the API.

I might add a command for AI in the core. We'll see.
I would love that! I hope you add that! or did you already?

Edit: I found it and got it working! YAY!

Last edited:
Type a sentence in chat, but before pressing Enter on the keyboard, press the left-arrow key a few times to move the blinking cursor from the end of the sentence to somewhere else in the sentence (for example, to the middle), then press Enter.
Instead of the entire sentence appearing in Chat on a single unbroken line, the sentence is split into two parts, with the second half of the sentence appearing on a line below. The split occurs where the cursor was blinking when the Enter key was pressed. It looks like this:

opRqRzf.webp

Any patch, fix, code or option to prevent this behaviour

I noticed in the forums that when someone uses a / command, the Chat Bot name isn't aligned with the comment
I don't see this issue. Can I take a look?

How can I force it to use the avatar I assigned to it?
Will be fixed in the next release.
Instead of the entire sentence appearing in Chat on a single unbroken line, the sentence is split into two parts, with the second half of the sentence appearing on a line below.
Are you using "Allow multi-line messages" admin option?

I don't see this issue. Can I take a look?

I posted a screenshot in my post. Here's a bigger version with a photoshop alignment line in blue:

Screen Shot 2023-08-27 at 9.36.49 AM.png

It's not major or anything. I'm just mentioning it.

Are you using "Allow multi-line messages" admin option?
Yes. You are correct. But multi-line requires that you enter shift-return and so the behaviour (to me) is inconsistent and here's why:
Multi-line is on and if you press a return key on a single line it won't let you enter a second one. Instead it posts 1 line only.
Furthermore, if you use the mouse to click and insert a word in a line and press return, it works fine.

It's only if you use the arrow keys that the behaviour changes (splits a single line in two). Anyway, it's up to you if you wish to look at it or not.
I apreciate you taking this into consideration :)

One more thing:
While I have you here, is it possible to limit the total number of messages from the chat that will be archived (either a number or a number of days such as 3 days only). I don't want this to grow forever or have to constantly go and manually delete posts on a daily basis. Thank you.

Last edited:
I posted a screenshot in my post.
I mean, take a look live.

But multi-line requires that you enter shift-return and so the behaviour (to me) is inconsistent and here's why:
I will see if there is something to be done about it.

is it possible to limit the total number of messages from the chat that will be archived
You can use the admin option "Delete messages older than".

Is it possible to alphabetize the list of users in the "private conversations" in chat?
Currently, no.

Wish everyone have a good day.
I want your help, please.
In Chat 2 we have the feature: "You can leave a conversation anytime and if the other user leaves as well, conversation will get deleted".
My question is this; Do I need to activate something so that I can get an instant notification when a conversation partner replies to a conversation that only I have deleted?

Do I need to activate something so that I can get an instant notification when a conversation partner replies to a conversation that only I have deleted?
These is no such option. Once a user leaves the conversation, does't see any new replies/notifications.

These is no such option
Is it in your plans to do something about it?
As an administrator I receive dozens of private messages and have to delete many of them. So I don't get new messages when they send me.
Anyway, i will try to live with that. Thank you for the reply.

Top Bottom