Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
You mean after changing room permissions?

No, I mean you set a room for a specific user group only and then that member is removed from that user group, but they still have access to the chat room they no longer should until the leave or are kicked manually. Is there a way to automatically prune or kick users without permissions?

How do I translate the following phrase that's visible to visitors who have not logged in?:

You do not have the permissio...

Screenshot_2021-02-23 Varasija Taloudellisten syiden uhrit(1).png

I would like it to say "Log in to use the chat"

I believe that would encourage some curious visitors to create an account.

Last edited:
By the way, is it possible to change a chatroom's title?

I would like to change the title of the General chit-chat but I don't know how.

I'd like to figure out a way, if possible, to enable/disable chat on a schedule. Like on Tuesday at 7 pm for an hour. It probably isn't possible though.

I upgraded my forum to 2.2 tonight and all went well apart from Chat. It's usually floating at the bottom of the page (All Pages view) but now there's nothing. I can bring up chat by going to /chat and move it to sidebar and it appears but if I move it back to All Pages it's gone again. On the latest version of chat.

Anyone have suggestions?

There seems to be an issue when clicking the Whisper menu item in the user list and the (Whisper) link for existing whispers. In both cases, the text cursor defaults to the start of the message.

If a chatter is not careful, they could unintentionally submit their would-be whisper to the entire room:
My super secret message/whisper [recipient]

...calling the froala methods selection.setAfter('p'); and selection.restore(); after html.set() seems to fix the 'text cursor before /whisper' position problem.

Will test it out.

Did you happen to try the above out or work out a different solution to the whisper text cursor placement issue? Thanks :)

Can private conversations in the chat be disabled? Sorry if this has been answered before but 114 pages and no way to search this thread. :cool:

There is a small bug on 2.2.3. If you linked a room to a thread. Posted GIFsand attachments in the room will not be shown sometimes. One would have to refresh in order to see them.

it will work normally once you delinked it.

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but a quick search didn't reveal anything -- Is anyone else having an issue where, when quoting someone, the cursor moves ahead of the text? Not sure if that's by design, or a bug or a browser quirk, but it only happened after updating to xf 2.2 and the latest version of the chat. After so long with the text behind the quote, I'm hoping there's a way to sort that?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello, I was wondering if you are willing to customize Chat? I'm wondering what it would cost to get a preference box in Admin that would disable the blinking notifications. The chat itself is wonderful. The blinking really gets annoying when you are chatting with someone and every time they post it blinks. I mean, I'm right there, in the chat with them! I'd simply like a way to disable notifications, period. People can go manually check if that's what it takes to get rid of the blink. Thank you.

Top Bottom