Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I can't seem to get the chat to work. It doesn't show up in the navigation bar, and when I go to mydomainname.com/CHAT (not actually my domain name), I get a message saying that I don't have a permission to see the chat:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.You do not have the permission to view the chat."

I know that I have this problem only because I'm stupid and new to XenForo. Anyway, has anyone had the same problem and how do I resolve this?

XYTOlpY.png

L5TA3ea.png

I can't seem to get the chat to work. It doesn't show up in the navigation bar, and when I go to mydomainname.com/CHAT (not actually my domain name), I get a message saying that I don't have a permission to see the chat:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.You do not have the permission to view the chat."

I know that I have this problem only because I'm stupid and new to XenForo. Anyway, has anyone had the same problem and how do I resolve this?

XYTOlpY.png

L5TA3ea.png
Check your permissions and make sure you can view the chat as an admin or mod.

Chat itself It is a widget. You cannot have two chats for different styles.
Well, thanks I was able to solve this issue.

Hovewer I also have an another question:

Is there any way to creat two widgets each one shows a different chat group?
For example I have a widget at the right side for "PC Player chat" and a widget for chat at the left side " Xbox gamer chat" ?

Or I set up one widget but with 2 style settings:
"Style 1" is activates when a user go into a subforum that is Xbox and I set up style properties so that the Chat 2 will only allow the user to view that widget to see only "Xbox group chat".

And "Style 2" will be used for PS4 subforum, same widget shows only "PS4 chat" for the users who go into that forum.
Basically:

1) Set style for node
2) Set up style properties for Chat widget 2 and specify what user groups can bee seen.
3) It acts like 2 or 3 chat widgets, but it is actually only one.

Would anything or anything close to this work? Any other solution?

Thanks.

Is there any way to creat two widgets each one shows a different chat group?
You could use the embed room feature. Each room has an embed code when you go to room list and click the link icon.

To display a different room based on forum it would require some direct template modifications.

Okay, so my community absolutely seems to enjoy the chat.

I noticed that on @l3ta's forum, the chat icon is visible to visitors who haven't logged in (in the navigation bar); when they try to read the chat, the site asks them to log in.

I would like to have something like this on my forum. How do I actually do it?

You could use the embed room feature. Each room has an embed code when you go to room list and click the link icon.

To display a different room based on forum it would require some direct template modifications.
So I can insert this "embed code" as a widget (as a html or something?) and as a result the choosen site will only show that room?
That sounds fantastic.

Okay, so my community absolutely seems to enjoy the chat.

I noticed that on @l3ta's forum, the chat icon is visible to visitors who haven't logged in (in the navigation bar); when they try to read the chat, the site asks them to log in.

I would like to have something like this on my forum. How do I actually do it?
Never mind. The instructions I got earlier worked again.

What should work and you would have to use some conditional for the widget to make it show up on the forum you want.

/prune command will delete all messages in the current room. Type /help in the chat to see all the commands and options.
Awesome.

What should work and you would have to use some conditional for the widget to make it show up on the forum you want.
What do you mean?
Normally widgets does show up and only need condition if I want to hide them for themes and do extra stuff.

My plan is that I connect user groups to child themes, and I make a condition that each widget would show only in that theme.

/prune command will delete all messages in the current room. Type /help in the chat to see all the commands and options.
I created the widget, (at the room: link/ and I choose the iframe html.)
I created a html widget with that:
"<iframe src="https://myforum.com/chat/room/chat.1/?fullpage=1" width="100%" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>"

But the issue is that it doesnt appear as the normal chat at all. It is just an empty box, doesnt do anything.
What is the issue?

I tested it with other iframe links and the widget seems to work, but for some reason the copied iframe from the chat room doesnt work at all, so the issue should be with the Chat 2 add-on or the link....

But as I said I dont "need" iframe if it doesnt work.... All I want is to make restrictions as I described... if possible.

Last edited:
@Siropu
Why is it that the size of the Chat 2 widget is different, if the user is not logged in? (guest?) I limited the size to 215px long, but for some reason it is a lot longer when you visit the size as a guest.

Any solution?

Top Bottom