Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Smilies will now be displayed in the chat bar.
Private conversations will now work with the user privacy setting "Allow users to… Start conversations with you".
User mention alerts will now display the room name. (Phrase siropu_chat_x_mentioned_you_in_a_chat_message has been changed to siropu_chat_x_mentioned_you_in_a_chat_message_in_room_x)

Bugs Fixed
Incompatibility error with TH Reactions Plus.
Member card "Start chat" displaying when it shouldn't.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi.

I have a strange problem.

A member who is adminitrator every he logs in the forum he can see only new messages. No old ones at all. Even when he goes to the archive page.
His rights are the same as mine and I have not such a problem

Is there an option somewhere that he has accidentally chosen?

Thank you

I have Ads Manager 2 and Chat 2, but i am really missing the "Keywords" (swapping it with hyperlink) in the Chat Rooms!
Could you add that? :D Would give everything more consistency ;))

What do you mean by "jumpy"?

When using the chat in popup mode or visible on all pages, sending text will make the keyboard disappear, pushing the bottom of the chat down to the bottom of your device, and then the keyboard will reappear and push the chat up again. Also it seems that the chat text sticks, so when new messages come in they are cut off and you have to scroll to view them.

Additionally when viewing the chat page, tapping the text input area forces the page to scroll down (i have the sidebar enabled so the effect may be less intense without it?).

Hope I explained things clearly :) The way the chat jumps around is frustrating to the viewer and those who struggle with anxiety, epilepsy or eye strain can find the jumpiness overwhelming. I personally am using a Samsung Galaxy 9 phone and this is the result I get using Chrome.

Also it would be amazing if alerts for chat reactions could be a choice the user can make. Our users tend to use the react feature a lot so getting a lot of reaction notifications while you are currently in chat and can already see the reactions you're getting has been reported to be a bit annoying.

I know this is a huge ask, do you think it'd be possible get Chat 2 to work with the Matterbridge API? That would make it easy for admins to bridge their forum chat with basically every major type of chatroom out there.

I'm also interested in this, though even if you don't want to do it I would like to know if its possible in terms of function.

@Kyros, will look into it. As for the reaction alert, there will be two options under the user account preferences "Receive a notification when someone…".

How does linking a chat room to a thread affect performance?
It depends on how busy is you board. Try it and see how it goes.

@Kyros, will look into it. As for the reaction alert, there will be two options under the user account preferences "Receive a notification when someone…".

Thank you!

Regarding the reaction alert -- the options below are all that I see

Posts in a watched forum
Replies to a watched thread
Quotes your message
Mentions you in a message
Reacts to your message
Posts on your profile
Mentions you in a profile post or comment
Reacts to your profile post
Comments on your profile or status
Comments on your profile posts for other members
Also comments on a profile post
Reacts to your profile post comment
Reacts to your message in a conversation
Starts following you
Awards you a new trophy

The once I have bolded are ones I tried disabling just in case the chat reaction alert settings were maybe tied into them but the alerts still persist.

Hey @Siropu ,

after all this time today I came across a problem, I wasn´t aware of before. I hope I am just blind and I overlooked it - but how do I exlude a usergroup from using the chat? There are no seperate usergroup settings in the chat options, only in the usergroups itself. But even with those all set to no, the usergroup can stll see the "Chat on all pages". Is there anything I can do about that?

There are two user group permissions: "View chat" and "Use chat" and they both work as expected. You can use the permission analyzer and see where is the issue.

There are two user group permissions: "View chat" and "Use chat" and they both work as expected. You can use the permission analyzer and see where is the issue.
Never mind, sorted it out. Had another add-on messing up my usergroups. All working as expected.

I'm stuck trying to remove the chatbar from the bottom of every page. Current settings attached, can you advise? thanks!Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 2.10.23 PM.webpScreen Shot 2019-09-26 at 2.08.45 PM.webp

Do you see the setting to change display mode in your own chat user settings? If so, analyze your permissions and make sure that it is off for all groups.

Do you see the setting to change display mode in your own chat user settings? If so, analyze your permissions and make sure that it is off for all groups.
I see this

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 6.05.40 PM.png

all groups set to no

*update, seems ok now with new users. I guess it was not retroactive

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 6.07.18 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 6.07.18 PM.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Top Bottom