Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hi, thanks for the bug-fix!

Out of curiosity, is there any option / method for having an image in IMG tags show up on the same line as the text next to it, and not on a separate line? For example, when I try to do this:

"Click on this button to file a report" -->
tT3rJfd.png

It ends up like this:

"Click on this button to file a report" -->
tT3rJfd.png

There are zero characters in between the --> and the image. What is a fella to do? Any help, please?

I can make it work with the user's privacy settings.
That would be great! Especially, since I (and luckily all others on the site, too) can´t tell, what enables or disables the Chat-button on the member card, as this seems to be complete randomly. There is really a user setting missing, saying loud & clear "Disable private Chats" ;)

One thing I stumbled over last night is, that when you receive an alert that someone has tagged you in the chat and you follow the given link, you can see the message and who sent it. But when the site has 10+ chatrooms, you have no idea where this message was coming from. Could you add a link to the chatroom on that page or is this to tricky?

Everyone is now in all 4 Rooms automatically.
But if some registers new, and logs in the first time all chat rooms are empty?
Only the post after his first login are viewable.

How can i set that everyone can see the hole chat log?

EDIT: Sorry I found it :)
Just put "View current room messages after joining it" yes for Registered.

Last edited:
Hi @Siropu,
THANK YOU for the update, have it installed today.
My users now complain that you can no longer upload images. I have tested it.
The picture appears briefly in the input window and is immediately gone.
Did I do something wrong, or is it a bug?

LG: Tammy

hi @Siropu, love your work as always, you are awesome.

I would like to ask if there is any way to disable receiving notifications from reactions in chat? :) I'm sorry if I missed anything, I've looked at the options over and over but couldn't seem to figure it out.

I love this addon and am very excited to use it. I do however want to mention that the mobile version of the chat is a bit jumpy which makes it uncomfortable to use. If you have any tips for a way to make it less jumpy on mobile devices I would love to hear them!

Thank you for all the work you do.

I'm on UI.X 2 and when you use the pop-out chat the text is huuge and it's unusable, anyone have any tips?

have any tips for a way to make it less jumpy on mobile devices I would love to hear them!

Anything being above or below the chatbox makes mobile more difficult, I had ads above and below it and an extended footer. I disabled each of these on the chat page by wrapping them with this if statement and it works better.

<xf:if is="$__globals.template != 'siropu_chat_page'">
</xf:if>

you can only automatically delete messages older than 24 hours and not the whole chat room?
Yes, you can if you set the room option "Auto-prune messages every" x hours.

I would like to ask if there is any way to disable receiving notifications from reactions in chat?
I don't see any options for that in XF's reaction code.

mobile version of the chat is a bit jumpy
What do you mean by "jumpy"?

anyone have any tips?
Chat uses its own page container in popup/full mode: SIROPU_CHAT_CONTAINER
You can try adding some css: <xf:css>body{font-size: 14px;}</xf:css>

Hello @Siropu ,

You mean that attitude:

If I set 24 hours, all messages will be deleted and not only those older than 24 hours.

Attachments

• AEB16A1C-9A25-4B8F-A061-C7560A65400D.webp
    AEB16A1C-9A25-4B8F-A061-C7560A65400D.webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 9
Hi there. Updated yesterday to latest version.. and now messages with smiley added via the smiley button are not send. If you click and add smiley, it is shown in text field.. and then it just disappears when sending the message or typing text :(

Smilies works with no problems in the forum itself.

Hi there. Updated yesterday to latest version.. and now messages with smiley added via the smiley button are not send. If you click and add smiley, it is shown in text field.. and then it just disappears when sending the message or typing text :(

Smilies works with no problems in the forum itself.
Can confirm

Top Bottom