Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.4

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Feature suggestion: make viewing media and graphics a user option, and let the admin set the default.

I've gotten request to show the full media or graphic instead of a link. I don't like the idea because the take too much space in a chat. However, if a user want to see the media instead of a link, I'd be ok with letting them.

When users go to the chat they are told the need to join a room, but the browse room isn't there. There is no way you join a room.

How do I fix this?3EF6F7AC-48E9-42BB-95B8-2182C2AF5764.webp

Feature suggestion: make viewing media and graphics a user option, and let the admin set the default.

I've gotten request to show the full media or graphic instead of a link. I don't like the idea because the take too much space in a chat. However, if a user want to see the media instead of a link, I'd be ok with letting them.

Same here, +1. Guess that would be a better approach.

When users go to the chat they are told the need to join a room, but the browse room isn't there. There is no way you join a room.
Same here, dito. Experienced this, when Dadparvars ticker add-on is shown on the same page. May be there is a conflict when both use the same js libs at the same time..

Siropu, what is really missing is a quick off/on switch for the "chat-bar on all pages". The one in the settings is just to hard to find - or to hard to use on mobiles (thick thumbs syndrome ;) ) That´s a request I get several times a month since there are reoccuring situations, when a user might want to deactivate the chat just for a few minutes or short time, to not get distracted from reading an article etc., especially on mobiles.

Last edited:
Same here, dito. Experienced this, when Dadparvars ticker add-on is shown on the same page. May be there is a conflict when both use the same js libs at the same time..

Siropu, what is really missing is a quick off/on switch for the "chat-bar on all pages". The one in the settings is just to hard to find - or to hard to use on mobiles (thick thumbs syndrome ;) ) That´s a request I get several times a month since there are reoccuring situations, when a user might want to deactivate the chat just for a few minutes or short time, to not get distracted from reading an article etc., especially on mobiles.

Found a fix: in group permissions, select join room as unlimited.

Hello, Siropu! How do you do today? 😄 Thanks again for all the help! <3

I have a user that states that the "Ignore Chat Statuses" feature is only temporary, and keeps disabling itself.

I just tested it out, and although it seems to persist for many page refreshes, it seems that if we leave the tab alone for a while and come back, and bring chat up from the bar on the bottom, all chat statuses are visible until we refresh. When they're visible, clicking on the chat bar to raise and lower chat doesn't affect their visibility - Only refreshing, which is of course only temporary.

What do you think is causing this? Is there anything we can do on our end to prevent this from forgetting its setting, please? We've got some users that are having little conversations via statuses and we've asked them to put those users on ignore, but it's becoming an epidemic.

Make sure that you have set at least one room in "Default joined rooms" admin option.
This however will only work for users who have not used the chat before.
Hey Siropu,
it´s setup this way from the beginning and always was working flawlessly. The issue is indeed occuring with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xp-news-tickers.7313/ installed, only. Nothing I can track down, it´s just my assumption that it could be related to the used libs and wanted to make you aware of.

When I leave a private conversation, the other party still able to send a message from their end, albeit I don't receive any message or notification.

Isn't it more logical to make it read-only if only one person remains in the conversation?

Furthermore, if I leave a conversation, then someone wants to reconnect with me, how would he do that?

Isn't it more logical to make it read-only if only one person remains in the conversation?
It doesn't really meter since the other user receives a message notification and will know that you won't be able to see any new messages.

Furthermore, if I leave a conversation, then someone wants to reconnect with me, how would he do that?
He won't be able to do it via Chat conversations.

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added archive option to delete multiple messages at the same time.
Added /prune command option to delete the last x messages in a room by specifying a number after it (no more than 99).
Added option to disable room tab user count.
Added option to disable conversations tab online user count or display unread message count instead.
Added chat bar option to disable chat with one click.

Bugs Fixed
Error with conversation likes.
Action logger not deleting older entries.
Embedding...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:
Bugs Fixed
Error with conversation likes.

Thanks, this seems to have fixed the bug with ThemeHouses ReactPlus!

Thank you for this update! However, the reactions do not work with ThemeHouse's ReactPlus add-on:

Update: Sorry, it is not fixed. Still getting this error message:

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]Error: Call to a member function getProperty() on null
[*]src\addons\ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater.php:106
[*]Generated by: Testuser
[*]31 Aug 2019 at 00:02
[/LIST]
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater->fnReactions(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message/re...')
#1 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(936): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(906): XF\Template\Templater->func('reactions', Array, false)
#3 src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Service\Room\ActionLogger.php(28): XF\Template\Templater->fn('reactions', Array)
#4 src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message.php(563): Siropu\Chat\Service\Room\ActionLogger->logMessageAction(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message))
#5 src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php(1208): Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message->_postSave()
#6 src\XF\Reaction\AbstractHandler.php(107): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(274): XF\Reaction\AbstractHandler->updateContentReactions(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), Array, Array)
#8 src\XF\Entity\ReactionContent.php(198): XF\Repository\Reaction->rebuildContentReactionCache('siropu_chat_roo...', 3890, false)
#9 src\XF\Entity\ReactionContent.php(140): XF\Entity\ReactionContent->rebuildContentReactionCache()
#10 src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php(1208): XF\Entity\ReactionContent->_postSave()
#11 src\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(189): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#12 src\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(142): XF\Repository\Reaction->insertReaction(1, 'siropu_chat_roo...', 3890, Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Entity\User), true, false)
#13 src\addons\ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(35): XF\Repository\Reaction->reactToContent(1, 'siropu_chat_roo...', 3890, Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Entity\User), true, false)
#14 src\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(65): ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Repository\Reaction->reactToContent(1, 'siropu_chat_roo...', 3890, Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Entity\User), true)
#15 src\addons\ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(50): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionToggleReaction(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message/re...', 'chat/message')
#16 src\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(19): ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionToggleReaction(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message/re...', 'chat/message')
#17 src\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(12): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionReact(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message', 'chat/message/re...', 'chat/message/re...')
#18 src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message.php(241): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionReactSimple(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message')
#19 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(321): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message->actionReact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#20 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Mes...', 'React', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message), NULL)
#21 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message), NULL)
#22 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#23 src\XF\App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#24 src\XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#25 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#26 {main}

Have you received any response from ThemeHouse, yet?

---

Also: Where can I find the "chat bar option to disable chat with one click."? Thanks :)

---

Furthermore I'd suggest to change the phrase:
This option allows you to control if the user can leave or not the room once joined.
->
This option allows you to control if the user can or cannot leave the room once joined.

Last edited:
Hello,

if I give the order /roll 2d20, I get the error message "Delazar: (Error) You cannot roll more than 1d6!"

Edit: Has done it, found mistakes

Last edited:
@Siropu ,

where can users enable/disable the private chat button that appears on their member cards (btw, a very nice feature)? Couldn´t find a option on user level for that, may be I´m just blind..

There is no individual option for that. You can only disable it globally by disabling the template modification > Chat > member_macros > Add start chat button.

There is no individual option for that. You can only disable it globally by disabling the template modification > Chat > member_macros > Add start chat button.
Can you outline how this thingy works? I am wondering that on my test site some do have the chat button, others not. First thing that came up my mind was, wouldn´t it make sense to give users an option in their preferences settings, to disable private chats (that concludent disable the chat button)? I am convinced that, as soon as I roll out the update, users will complain about their privacy (do I have to say that my site is located in germany?). May I suggest to include such a more finegraded option, so users can disable the private chats in general but are still able to chat in the chatrooms?

Top Bottom