Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Thank you.
I'll take care of it, apparently there were still old templates. After an uninstall and new installation, it is now shown to me

You have to add the Chat upload button to the editor from Admin Control Panel > Content > BB code button manager > Click to edit the toolbars
On the toolbar edit page, drag and drop the Chat upload icon from the top toolbar to the bottom one and save.

ERROR When I install Addon Chat 2 and Add User:

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'push_on_conversation' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 221
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1452
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1184
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1202
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 69
XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}() in src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php at line 187
XF\Mvc\FormAction->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/User.php at line 504
XF\Admin\Controller\User->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Out of curiosity, has anyone had their chat sentences cut in the middle when they go back to fix a typo they noticed before hitting enter, and when they submit the sentence, they find their sentence on two separate lines? For example:

"This is the original sentence btu with a typo."

Becomes:

"This is the original sentence bu
t with a typo."

Assuming, that is, you leave the cursor where you fixed the typo or whatever. Because it's happening to all of my users. One guy, who works primarily on an iPad, has it happen after the first word 90% of the time. It's friggin weird.

Siropu updated Chat 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

New Features, Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added XF's native reactions system in both rooms and conversations. It is disabled by default in Chat admin options (Enable reactions).

Added a new room option called "Room users" that allows you to give room access to certain users only. The users set there will join the room automatically and receive an alert about it. Users removed, will leave the room and get a notification. This option is permission based.

Added a new room option called "Repost in selected rooms" that allows you to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for this update! However, the reactions do not work with ThemeHouse's ReactPlus add-on:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getProperty() on null src\addons\ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater.php:106
Generated by: SeToY 25 Jul 2019 at 00:26
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Template\Templater->fnReactions(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message/re...')
#1 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(936): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 src\XF\Template\Templater.php(906): XF\Template\Templater->func('reactions', Array, false)
#3 src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Service\Room\ActionLogger.php(28): XF\Template\Templater->fn('reactions', Array)
#4 src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message.php(562): Siropu\Chat\Service\Room\ActionLogger->logMessageAction(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message))
#5 src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php(1208): Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message->_postSave()
#6 src\XF\Reaction\AbstractHandler.php(107): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#7 src\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(274): XF\Reaction\AbstractHandler->updateContentReactions(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), Array, Array)
#8 src\XF\Entity\ReactionContent.php(198): XF\Repository\Reaction->rebuildContentReactionCache('siropu_chat_roo...', 3238, false)
#9 src\XF\Entity\ReactionContent.php(140): XF\Entity\ReactionContent->rebuildContentReactionCache()
#10 src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php(1208): XF\Entity\ReactionContent->_postSave()
#11 src\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(189): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#12 src\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(142): XF\Repository\Reaction->insertReaction(1, 'siropu_chat_roo...', 3238, Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Entity\User), true, false)
#13 src\addons\ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Repository\Reaction.php(35): XF\Repository\Reaction->reactToContent(1, 'siropu_chat_roo...', 3238, Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Entity\User), true, false)
#14 src\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(65): ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\Repository\Reaction->reactToContent(1, 'siropu_chat_roo...', 3238, Object(SV\SignupAbuseBlocking\XF\Entity\User), true)
#15 src\addons\ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(50): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionToggleReaction(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message/re...', 'chat/message')
#16 src\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(19): ThemeHouse\ReactPlus\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionToggleReaction(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message/re...', 'chat/message')
#17 src\XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction.php(12): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionReact(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message', 'chat/message/re...', 'chat/message/re...')
#18 src\addons\Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message.php(241): XF\ControllerPlugin\Reaction->actionReactSimple(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Message), 'chat/message')
#19 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(321): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message->actionReact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#20 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Mes...', 'React', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message), NULL)
#21 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Message), NULL)
#22 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#23 src\XF\App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#24 src\XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#25 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#26 {main}

@Mike Creuzer et al

You are a god Siropu, he just added all functions which got asked for the last posts by different people, 1 is me.
Thank you so endless lot for such a seamless beautiful resonance full clean work! 🥰

When opening chat in a popup all of the text is huge. Is there a simple setting that I should be looking for to adjust that?

@Siropu not sure if this is related to your mod here but we were unable to insert images in the chat editor (uploading was fine tho). I uninstalled and reinstalled chat, went back in versions... only a file @Chris D attached earlier fixed it. They (images) kind of just blinked and vanished like some javascript glitch trying to insert them in the editor. We just upgraded to latest xenforo 2.1.3 today, and your 2.1 chat. No issues previously.

The issue seems specific to the fact that you have image uploads disabled in the editor.
We don't do this either, image attachments are enabled throughout the board. But chat was a separate option for that.

Last edited:
You were unable to insert images because of the bug report you linked to, which has been fixed and you have applied the fix.

I don’t think any further action is needed?

Hi, after the update to 2.1.11 all rooms (and archive) are empty. The database has all entries.
What mistake did I make?
One Usergroup can see all messages. Its not a Problem in the konfiguration.
LG: Tammy

Last edited:
Unfortunately not.
I found out:
You can not leave the room. Then everything is gone. Users who are always logged in automatically have all the data.
Is this a setting?

Nachtrag:

I found it after HOURS ... The English really robs me of the last nerve. Seemingly new feature in the user groups.

Last edited:
In the thread for the XF1 chat, there was a discussion about "soft" deleting chat rooms so they would disappear from the chat rooms window, but still remain readable via the archive. Was that functionality ever developed?

Top Bottom