Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Just disable it in your add-ons list

Then when you upload the newer version to your webspace, refresh your add-on list page, you will see the option to upgrade it and once done the Chat will be active.

(the same applies to all add-ons)

Siropu, two questions.

1) Is there any way to export (e.g. RSS) live data out of Chat2? We do a weekly live YouTube broadcast involving your chatroom, and rather than doing screen capture, it would be great to export chats in realtime and bring them in as video overlays.

2) Is it possible to prevent users from setting their status to “Hidden”?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I get this error:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Entity/Room.php:100

Code:
Stack-Trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] cou...', '/home/www/doc/2...', 100, Array)
#1 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Entity/Room.php(100): count(NULL)
#2 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/ControllerPlugin/Room.php(16): Siropu\Chat\Entity\Room->canJoinMore(NULL)
#3 src/addons/Siropu/Chat/Pub/Controller/Room.php(225): Siropu\Chat\ControllerPlugin\Room->checkPermissionsAndJoin(Object(Siropu\Chat\Entity\Room))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Room->actionJoin(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Siropu\\Chat:Roo...', 'Join', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Room), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Siropu\Chat\Pub\Controller\Room), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#10 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#11 {main}

Status der Anfrage

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(17) "/chat/room/2/join"
  ["referrer"] => string(25) "https://www.thishomepageadress.de/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(1) "/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Do you guys know, how to fix this?

The day before yesterday I updated the forum from 1.5.x to 2.1 and also in version 1.5 I used your chat.

I didn't upgrade the chat but reinstalled it and reassigned the permissions.

If you like, I can give you English administrator access to the forum.

@Siropu ,
just love the quality of your add-ons. For this one I´ld like to add a suggestion. Others have mentioned that the number of chat-users shown in the tab and the chat itself differs from the real ones in there. I guess that happens, when the users pass the default XenForo logout time, despite the active/inactive settings in Chat 2. Any chance you could add a heartbeat to the chat, so numbers and chatters are updated every x minutes to keep them logged in for the system? I know that would add some queries and in heavily used chats could cause some issues with hundreds of chatters online, but I assume that is a rare case and would be outweighted by the benefits.

There are two options that you can use: "Auto login users" and "Keep users logged in".
I know, I have both enabled, but the problem persists. That´s why I suggested the heartbeat.

Forget what I´ve written. Just have found out, that there have been manual processes which haven´t run. The keep users logged in wasn´t stored in the table. Problem solved!

Last edited:
@Siropu are there any known errors or bugs in 2.0.17 of the chat? My updates recently expired in december and I won't be able to renew until later on. By the 1st of the month, possibly sooner but I want to go ahead and re-install the chat on 2.0 and then renew sometime when I'm ready to upgrade to 2.1

Last edited:
Top Bottom