Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Hey,

I tried the demo and I do really like the chat. I am definitely going to get it once the style is done.

Just a question:
Will there be a future update that allows there to be an option for the chat to popup from a button in the bottom right corner?

Popup how? You mean in a separate window? If so, there is an option for that in the chat user menu.
If you want to enable/load the chat from a button, you can disable it by default for users and with some CSS you can display the "Enable chat" button the way you want it.

Popup how? You mean in a separate window? If so, there is an option for that in the chat user menu.
If you want to enable/load the chat from a button, you can disable it by default for users and with some CSS you can display the "Enable chat" button the way you want it.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I made a very simple sketch to show what I mean:
T7Bnaab.png

Will this be possible to get done by someone that knows CSS?

By default, chat is displayed as a bar at the bottom of the page and when clicked it displays the chat window. Have you noticed that on the demo site? You can customize it with CSS.

Hi loving the chat so far, only been used as testing for my moderator team but has worked well.

Only issue is it seems to be server heavy. I know you've spoken about moving to node.js - has there been any progress with that?

I run a large boxing forum, and we have 'Round by Round' threads for fight night, and it gets very posting/activity heavy. 150+ people posting quite rapidly. I think that a chat function would improve that considerably, especially with the 'post chat to threads' feature. I'm just concerned it's going to kill my server as it stands.

I'm going to use tonight as a test run but fully expecting to have to dive in and turn it off to stop server from crashing completely.

Images can be uploaded by clicking on the "Chat images uploads" editor button. It has nothing to do with the default image button.

Top Bottom