Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
Click the template name. If the option doesn't show up when it loads, go to the templates section and search for siropu_chat then click on it to edit it. There should be the button.

That actually revert all the phrases I have edited before. How do I change Chat to Shoutbox through phrases?

Hi,

When I restrict a user group from using chat (e.g. users with less than 10 posts), they get the message "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.". I rather want them to have a customized message like "You need at least 10 forum posts to use Chat".

The problem is, the phrase "You do not have permission ...." is a default XF phrase, so I can't just change that for Chat without affecting other areas. Is there any workaround for that?

Is it possible to stop media tags from automatically converting links to media in the chat itself? ie: if someone posts a YT link it converts automatically to a video, same with reddit, twitter, etc. (I openly admit I'm using the s9e Media Sites add-on for the rest of my site, this is where it stems from, but I'm talking about the automatic parsing/conversion of the links to media). Can this be stopped within the chat?

(I do have the Media BBCode disabled in the chat options, it does not stop it happening)

Last edited:
Only by making direct code changes to the PHP files.
Can you consider having an alternative message for such case? I receive lots of personal messages asking to "fix the issue" as they think there is some error with the site. It'd be better if they can't type anything if not permitted, or have a message with proper reason.

I only recently got a request from chrome to allow push notifications when someone whispered me, then desktop notifications started working, but for whispers only.

These are my settings, should it not have been working previously for normal messages?

Running v. 2.0.2

What browsers should the desktop notifications work in?

1520503738457.webp

Hey @Siropu ,

I apologize, I didn't follow directions. I thought this was an upgrade from XenForo 1 and not a completely new installation. I left my old Chat disabled after the upgrade to XF 2. How do I delete the old chat data from my database?

Another issue that I am noticing is that if I disable "Rooms", all I see is "You haven't joined any rooms.". My default room is "General chit-chat", but it still doesn't allow me to type. How do I fix this?

Last edited:
How do I delete the old chat data from my database?
You have to run this query:

SQL:
            DROP TABLE
                `xf_siropu_chat_sessions`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_messages`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_rooms`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_bans`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_reports`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_bot_responses`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_bot_messages`,
                `xf_siropu_chat_images`

Another issue that I am noticing is that if I disable "Rooms", all I see is "You haven't joined any rooms.". My default room is "General chit-chat", but it still doesn't allow me to type. How do I fix this?
You have to set the default joined room in chat admin options.

It only gets new messages. Users however are requested with each call.
Sorry for the late reply. The problem still remains that the update response the server generates is very large (partly because it sends every user including their token as html).
We are using this chat as a sort of shoutbox and there's usually quite a few people (20+) online and chatting. Thinking about this it probably means that the chat becomes completely unusable if you have like 50+ users in the room (haven't tested it yet). Maybe you should do a similar thing with messages, where you only send changed users as opposed to all of them. However, I am aware that this would probably take significant time to restructure the addon, so I am not expecting any such big changes anytime soon.

Anyway to reduce the size of the Youtube video`s in chat, at the moment they are huge and take up the whole window. Be great to reduce the size. Thanks

@Fredy, I will add an option where you can set how often the user list updates, instead of on each refresh.

@John L. I will look into it.

@picom, try this in extra.less template:
CSS:
#siropuChat .bbMediaWrapper
{
     width: 300px;
}

Top Bottom