Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.0

No permission to buy (€29.99)
You can do it with CSS:
CSS:
.siropuChatRoom .siropuChatDateTime
{
    display: none !important;
}
Where would one go about adding this code to remove the date and time? I tried adding it in the style properties under "Message Date" and "Extra" but that didn't seem to change anything.

A nice little plugin

I installed it today, but I can't get the UPLOAD file option to appear on the input line, I only get 'remove formatting' and 'smilies' appearing.
I have set chat uploads to unlimited and uploads are working fine elsewhere on my site, anyone know how to get the upload file option appearing for chats ?

This is what my input text box looks like

1589126374657.png

In order to upload images, you have to add the Chat upload button to the editor from Admin Control Panel > Content > BB code button manager > Click to edit the toolbars

On the toolbar edit page, drag and drop the Chat upload icon from the top toolbar to the bottom one and save.

Reactions: gib
In order to upload images, you have to add the Chat upload button to the editor from Admin Control Panel > Content > BB code button manager > Click to edit the toolbars

On the toolbar edit page, drag and drop the Chat upload icon from the top toolbar to the bottom one and save.

Thanks for that @Siropu , it's in the chat window now, I didn't realise there was so much stuff in that part of the admin panel.

The image is being posted as a non clickable internal URL, not as an image.
I eventually got it to post as an image, it was a bit strange though as I toggled the BB editor button off and then back on again and it now posts as an image, not as an unclickable internal URL

thanks for your help, it is pasting images now

Last edited:

Please add an FAQ section to this resource!!! (: Would be awesome if you posted this instruction then less people will need to ask :D

There is a permission called "Set message color". Once a user has that, the option to set a message color is in the chat user settings menu.

There is a permission called "Set message color". Once a user has that, the option to set a message color is in the chat user settings menu.
yeah but you have to set everytime you want to use the color. is there an option to persist with the color without having to choose it again?

OK, love the chat addon, slick, easy to install and very clean looking!!

However, I'm stumped, posting in chat shows only asterisks for me (admin). I have it set for my paid members only to access, and as admin I have all access, so why am I seeing asterisks?

There is an admin option called "Hide message content from selected user groups". You have selected a user group that you are in.

No, I had already set that (and re-checked it), it's set to hide for registered, banned and guests. Admin, paid members are not selected. That's why I'm so frustrated.

Ah, that did it. Apparently when the members were imported from Vbulletin it's set everyone as registered, and their actual status as secondary. I hadn't considered that, as their primary group was their actual status before the import. Thanks!!!

Hello, Thanks for the chat, I also have your ShoutBox and am having problems with the message color selection.

I have Set message color set to Yes in the User Group permissions.

That's the user group permission. This is how you set it:
View attachment 225101
I can't do this in the chat settings,
Your message color is not allowing any input, can't enter values, I only have the chat active for Admins and Moderators now, wondering if that's a reason why it can't be altered.

Top Bottom