Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
That's strange because nothing has changed in that code. If you have installed the first beta, there were some changes in the later versions that would require a re-install or if you know how to work with phpmyadmin, it can be fixed from there.

What would I need to do in phpmyadmin?

Someone posted his email and phone number in the chat, I tried to find how to delete that message but could not do it. Please can you tell me how to remove the message from the chat box if users post something is not acceptable please.

Are alerts for user mentions in chat messages going to make a return in Chat 2? It's a feature I'm heavily missing right now.

It is implemented but users have to opt in via their user chat settings "Receive mention alerts".
You can enable that setting by default for new chat users via admin options.

Thanks, I've missed that. Would it be possible to additionally add this on the alert preferences section in the account preferences? It's more intuitive to look there first if you search for anything alert-related.

When I tried to install the Chat, in the middle I received the following error message
Code:
Fatal error: Can't use method return value in write context in C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC9\data\localweb\xflive\src\addons\Siropu\Chat\XF\Entity\User.php on line 168

Since then, I can't even load the website or Admin CP, both give the same error.

I tried rebuilding/uninstalling in command line, but that fails as well

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC9\data\localweb\xflive>php cmd.php xf:addon-upgrade Siropu/Chat
No add-on with ID 'Siropu/Chat' could be found.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC9\data\localweb\xflive>php cmd.php xf:addon-uninstall Siropu/Chat
No add-on with ID 'Siropu/Chat' could be found.

So, I am now totally stuck, please advise what can I do.

I've responded to your support ticket. I think It's related to your PHP version but I'll make some changes to avoid that in the future.

In private conversations the text entry box appears to have the wrong user name in it.

For Example if Bill is talking to Ted, Bill sees (Ted) Write a Private Message
Shouldn't that just be Write a Private Message or (Bill) Write a Private Message

The first time I saw the wording it made me think the other person in the conversation was writng a message

It doesn't have the wrong name in it. The name of the recipient is displayed so you know to whom you are messaging to.

Yes, if you set a thread id in room options, messages posted in that rooms will also be posted in that thread.

All Pages mode doesn't work in UI.X themes.
Also, can you make chat disappear when clicking anywhere outside of it?

@Siropu how come the usernames in chat can be rich? I also installed an add-on that shows avatar along with username upon tagging/mention and when enabled it, it starts duplicating user avatars in the chat!

Top Bottom