Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I still have multiple people getting this message, both on desktop and mobile. Never has our staff had it, as we have permission to all 3 rooms. (the third is a private staff only chat room, which I suspect may be the trigger?)

The message changed slightly and says "CHAT room", since the upgrade.

1707751877846.webp

I have done multiple tests on different devices with different users and browsers and can't reproduce it. I have added the option to disable it for now.

Anyone else having challenges with chat not loading users into rooms once they click "join room" I am having to tell users to click "join room" and then reload the chat page and then they are in the selected room.

Does anyone here have installed XF 2.3 beta? Is chat still working? If yes, which version?
Mine does not, trying in local for testing purposes?
It no longer shows below a specific location like below forum but in a separate tab.
And if I enter text in chat window, the return key does not send the chat msg.
Also, if you activate the submit button in settings, the window disappears and nothing is sent.
Color picker for message is also not working.
Looks like the behavior is normal considering it's new beta code which probably affects some add-on.
If it's the case, I'm waiting for the fix then.
Thanks!

Last edited:
@Siropu stilling have issues with rooms loading in chat when users click join.

I can get this error to occur if I join the general chat and do NOT refresh the page... I let it sit for a while and something times out and I get the error.

Here is what is in my browser console:

1711585990226 addons.xpi WARN Checking /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/Resources/distribution/extensions for addons
Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 3
Cookie “xf_lscxf_logged_in” does not have a proper “SameSite” attribute value. Soon, cookies without the “SameSite” attribute or with an invalid value will be treated as “Lax”. This means that the cookie will no longer be sent in third-party contexts. If your application depends on this cookie being available in such contexts, please add the “SameSite=None“ attribute to it. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite forum.malesurvivor.org
Cookie “xf_csrf” does not have a proper “SameSite” attribute value. Soon, cookies without the “SameSite” attribute or with an invalid value will be treated as “Lax”. This means that the cookie will no longer be sent in third-party contexts. If your application depends on this cookie being available in such contexts, please add the “SameSite=None“ attribute to it. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite forum.malesurvivor.org
Cookie “xf_session” does not have a proper “SameSite” attribute value. Soon, cookies without the “SameSite” attribute or with an invalid value will be treated as “Lax”. This means that the cookie will no longer be sent in third-party contexts. If your application depends on this cookie being available in such contexts, please add the “SameSite=None“ attribute to it. To know more about the “SameSite“ attribute, read https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Set-Cookie/SameSite forum.malesurvivor.org
Uncaught TypeError: aWindow is null
pbu_isWindowPrivate resource://gre/modules/PrivateBrowsingUtils.sys.mjs:19
_prepareClosedTabOptions resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.sys.mjs:3801
getClosedTabCount resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.sys.mjs:3809
ss_getClosedTabCount resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.sys.mjs:409
toggleRecentlyClosedTabs chrome://browser/content/browser-places.js:605
_onPopupShowing chrome://browser/content/browser-places.js:705
PlacesMenu chrome://browser/content/places/browserPlacesViews.js:1971
HistoryMenu chrome://browser/content/browser-places.js:577
onpopupshowing chrome://browser/content/hiddenWindowMac.xhtml:1
maybeSaveClosedWindow resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.sys.mjs:2478
ssi_onClose resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.sys.mjs:2329
ssi_observe resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.sys.mjs:1394
PrivateBrowsingUtils.sys.mjs:19:9

Top Bottom