Central Registration System

Just a "me too" post for this, as I have plans for other forums in the future and it would be great to share the userbase without requiring members to register at each site.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I don't use cPanel, I'm using windows server 2008 with an open source mail server installed. Presumably the cPanel is just for the domains and if this would work with cPanel it would also work with Windows 2008.

Here is the code I am using as plugins in vb to achieve the single login and if there is anyone, anyone at all out there that can create something that will do the same job I am sure there will be a lot of very grateful people out there not to mention all the extra Xenforo sites and licenses purchased.
Have you tried posting in the add-on requests forum? http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-requests.35/

I'm not sure if what you want to achieve is possible but if you're looking for a coder, that would be the place to ask.

I'd love to know if there are any plans for this to be added before I spend a lot of time and money developing my own.

tmb,

I doubt you're going to get a direct answer. There are a lot of folks that could use this functionality, you're not alone.

tmb,

I doubt you're going to get a direct answer. There are a lot of folks that could use this functionality, you're not alone.
As with many features, can they comment on it safely without being hounded after an initial response? I also have a use for it, however I would rather wait for a full featured implementation, as it is something that needs some time dedicated towards it.

I have been bumping up this for a while. I really wish they would implement something like this, as it is non-easy and non-trivial.

The reason I am not doing it myself is because this is one of those core things that requires a lot of maintenance and it's prompt to break in every upgrade should I do it myself, I'd rather see the developers do it.

I also think, since the competitors do not have anything like this, it would add a really differentiating feature to XF, something that we could brag that it does way better: integration

Maybe we won't get an answer, but I still have hope that I will be surprised and this will be included eventually.

I also think, since the competitors do not have anything like this, it would add a really differentiating feature to XF, something that we could brag that it does way better: integration.

You could argue that Invision Power Board has had this feature for years. IP.Converge is fully supported and lets you have two installs of forums, but lets you share logins across sites.

Top Bottom