Central Registration System

In the domain2 db, create the views of each of the above tables by running each of the following sql scripts (NOTE: replace <domain1 db name> in each one with the name of the domain1 db):

Do db1 and db2 need to have the same mysql user/pass as the other?

You would need seperate xenforo licenses (which I don't see as an issue) but your theory is sound.

Dartho released a series of plugins at vb.org using this same concept. It sniffs out the url and based on that will show specific styles. Someone I know has a similar mod that uses the same methodology to show select forums based on the sniffed URL.

I would really like to see this happen. Now my members need to register at multiple sites. Which causes confusion and reduces activity. (we had this integrated on vbulletin)
I need to constantly check account upgrades and manually apply account upgrades done on one site to the other sites. This is quite a PITA to do.

Its just so much easier for members and staff if login and accounts are integrated across multiple sites.

Is this possible with the new API in XF 2.1?
Would be amzing

I'm sure the API system would make it a lot easier to implement something like what you guys are looking for, or creating an addon.

Additionally, there is a multisite addon available that does what you guys are looking for: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-multisite-system-2.6966/

I'm actually looking for additional forum owners interested in participating in a network of forums using the above system.

Anyway, figured I'd mention this addon since you guys may not be aware of it!

No. It would need this:

If the goal is to hook several forums together then I think xydrine's solution works as a solution to the request in this thread.

I tried that multisite addon and it was not a feasible solution for me. Because how the addon works it can break your site is something goes south. It broke my site for 4 months until a critical issue was addressed. After that I stopped using it and never considered it an option again.

The concept of a multisite install is awesome. I would love to see that in core as well, because its a drag to maintain and upgrade a network of sites. Especially if you have loads of addons. But to have such functionality as an addon also means that it needs to be compatible with any addon you use. That is really challenging for a 3rd party. If such functionality would be in core then all addon developers would need to make their addons compatible. Not the other way around.

Please see this suggestion here:

I tried that multisite addon and it was not a feasible solution for me. Because how the addon works it can break your site is something goes south. It broke my site for 4 months until a critical issue was addressed. After that I stopped using it and never considered it an option again.

The concept of a multisite install is awesome. I would love to see that in core as well, because its a drag to maintain and upgrade a network of sites. Especially if you have loads of addons. But to have such functionality as an addon also means that it needs to be compatible with any addon you use. That is really challenging for a 3rd party. If such functionality would be in core then all addon developers would need to make their addons compatible. Not the other way around.

Please see this suggestion here:

Why not write a shell script that copies the plugin to each site and runs the install / upgrade? You would still need to configure the addon but it may not be so bad after the initial configuration.

For those that like the idea of a central login system, then you should vote for the SSO feature here;

SSO would allow your members to sign-in once, and gain entry to all of your sites that support SSO.

For those that like the idea of a central login system, then you should vote for the SSO feature here;

SSO would allow your members to sign-in once, and gain entry to all of your sites that support SSO.

Seems like these suggestions should be merged :)

Top Bottom