Centmin Mod community moves from G+ Communities

Hi @eva200

The push notifications are cool, and I am hoping they come to XF in 2.0 to make it a true webapp for mobile platforms.

You are using onesignal I see.

Are you feeding the ALERTS->OneSignal or are you just creating a notification in the OneSignal CP?

Thanks for taking the time to read this query!

Pierce

Awesome, how do you find the engagement on the notifications? Does traffic surge when you send them?
Relative to your subscriber numbers/traffic but better than email newsletters at <2% open rate. Push notifications average 12-18% click through rate.

Relative to your subscriber numbers/traffic but better than email newsletters at <2% open rate. Push notifications average 12-18% click through rate.

Cool.

Thanks again.

I'd like to see push notifications for alerts because i do believe they will help increase engagement.

@Russ @Steve F thanks

Only concerned with Speedindex numbers as that relates to how fast the page visually renders for users. Compress image and cache static files are all 3rd party resource related due to serving Adsense banner ads etc
wpt-index-010816-cable-dulles-01.webp

Interesting. I would agree that it is a bit buggy. You get vastly different results running the same test. I would expect linux to deliver a faster load though. I got the same for my main site, which runs around 50 add-ons and my own custom NGINX setup (not centminmod):

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 10.47.32 am.webp

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 11.09.54 am.webp

Add-ons really do make a difference though. Doing the same test on a new site that only runs 5 add-ons:

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 11.17.32 am.webp

Linux seems much faster getting in and out of an external server.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 11.19.19 am.webp

Next week Centmin Mod Community forum celebrates it's 4th year online with Xenforo. To celebrate I switched forums over to Cloudflare and managed to shave another 0.1-0.2s off my page load times https://community.centminmod.com/threads/centminmod-com-dns-update.14784/. For a pagespeed addict that's alot :D

wpt-cf-pro-california-150518-cfpro-details-01.webp

FYI, proud to say that over the years dozens of Xenforo and other forums' web sites are now powered by my Centmin Mod LEMP stack as well :D

I'd like to thank Xenforo devs & staff for making Xenforo a pleasure to work with in terms of lending well to page speed optimisations - cheers @Kier @Mike @Chris D @Jake Bunce @Slavik @Ashley @Brogan

And thank @Russ @Steve F from Pixelexit.com for the awesome FlatAwesome+ style. I honestly can't see myself using anything else still after all these years !

Top Bottom