1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't create threads, posts or PM's

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Josh Argent, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Josh Argent

Josh Argent Member

Hi,

I have recently moved my installation of Xenforo to a new host (bluehost.com) and everything seems to of moved smoothly however no one is able to post anything. People click 'Create Thread' or any other similar button and nothing happens. The screen shows the little loading bar and then disappears, nothing appears to happen at all.

I've made sure that all the requirements have been met to run Xenforo but other than that I'm a bit lost at what to do.

- Josh

EDIT: Looking in the console on Chrome I see this error:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    http://vanillaworld.org/forums/server-news-announcements.10/add-thread
    xenforo.js:291
    xenforo.js:291

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Can you supply a link for us to take a look?

3. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

Is there anything in your error log?

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Check with your host if mod_security is enabled.

If it is enabled, ask them to disable it temporarily to allow you to test.

It could be the cause.

Also verify all of the files have been transferred correctly with the correct permissions assigned to them.

Also, check your Browser console for any error messages being served by AJAX.

5. Josh Argent

Josh Argent Member

Yes although you'll need an account to test it: http://vanillaworld.org

I will ask them now. I've edit the OP with an error from my console.

6. Josh Argent

Josh Argent Member

I've fixed the issue. I was using PHP 5.2.17 instead of 5.2.4 which is the recommended.
    Upgrading to 5.3 seems to of fixed things. Thanks for everyone's help. :)

Chris D likes this.
  7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's XenForo's minimum requirement. 5.2.17 is newer than 5.2.4, which is better.

8. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is to. That was something that took me a little while to get used to when I first started using Linux. a .17 is higher than .4 (but makes since when you realize that each one after the last point is an increment and 17 IS higher than 4 when you count :)).