Can't create threads, posts or PM's

Hi,

I have recently moved my installation of Xenforo to a new host (bluehost.com) and everything seems to of moved smoothly however no one is able to post anything. People click 'Create Thread' or any other similar button and nothing happens. The screen shows the little loading bar and then disappears, nothing appears to happen at all.

I've made sure that all the requirements have been met to run Xenforo but other than that I'm a bit lost at what to do.

- Josh

EDIT: Looking in the console on Chrome I see this error:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
http://vanillaworld.org/forums/server-news-announcements.10/add-thread
xenforo.js:291
xenforo.js:291

Last edited:
Check with your host if mod_security is enabled.

If it is enabled, ask them to disable it temporarily to allow you to test.

It could be the cause.

Also verify all of the files have been transferred correctly with the correct permissions assigned to them.

Also, check your Browser console for any error messages being served by AJAX.

Can you supply a link for us to take a look?

Yes although you'll need an account to test it: http://vanillaworld.org

Check with your host if mod_security is enabled.

If it is enabled, ask them to disable it temporarily to allow you to test.

It could be the cause.

Also verify all of the files have been transferred correctly with the correct permissions assigned to them.

Also, check your Browser console for any error messages being served by AJAX.

I will ask them now. I've edit the OP with an error from my console.

Pretty sure it's XenForo's minimum requirement. 5.2.17 is newer than 5.2.4, which is better.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is to. That was something that took me a little while to get used to when I first started using Linux. a .17 is higher than .4 (but makes since when you realize that each one after the last point is an increment and 17 IS higher than 4 when you count :)).

Top Bottom