Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Then no idea. There is just the usergroup permission (part of the showcase section) and the option flag in the add-on's options page.
Edit: I see you you solved it.

Then no idea. There is just the usergroup permission (part of the showcase section) and the option flag in the add-on's options page.

Sorted can't believe i missed an update, unlike me.

Thanks again so much and purely my own fault the upgrade went flawlessly And yet another fine update By syndol supporting showcase and giving us the abilty to bookmark our showcase items. A great example when developers work together the benefits are passed down to the users who get to enjoy such features. Excellent work, can't state that enough. :)

Interested in what other forums experiences are with Bookmarks usage by users? It's such a great add-on with terrific potential and usability, but I'm seeing very minimal usage on my forum (600+ posts per day). How are you 'selling' it to the user base and encouraging usage? Snazzy notice? Other method?

Interested in what other forums experiences are with Bookmarks usage by users? It's such a great add-on with terrific potential and usability, but I'm seeing very minimal usage on my forum (600+ posts per day). How are you 'selling' it to the user base and encouraging usage? Snazzy notice? Other method?
I dunno, perhaps users prefer to bookmark stuff via their browsers.

I mentioned this a while ago but is it possible to remove the Bookmarks tab on profile page if a member does not have any bookmark.
It's just like the profile here on xf.com where a Resources tab will only show if you are an addon author.

I mentioned this a while ago but is it possible to remove the Bookmarks tab on profile page if a member does not have any bookmark.
I did not know anyone was interested in this feature, however this could be done by adding two lines of code and one extra query.
If you PC me I'll let you know what to do.

Syndol, sorry to bother you yet again with a phrase question :oops:

bookmarks_select_tag = Select...

There are two possible german translations that would fit here. I can't find the place where this phrase is used.

I took a closer look at bookmarking Pages and I don't think this is going to work very well.
The add-on code is designed for User generated content, which Pages are not.
Since Pages are created using either HTML or PHP CallBacks, it makes the process of displaying the contents as a bookmark a little difficult.
A page can produce a very complicated template as opposed to simple User generated text. So if I display a page in the bookmark overlay, I may end up with a form with multiple borders, images, and such as I cannot simply grab the inner text without knowing the page structure.
In addition, since Pages do not have an author attached to them, the bookmark will always display a default question mark avatar as it is needed in order to maintain the look of the bookmark list.
All this means that bookmarking a page limits us to the page title. While this may still be quite useful, it does mean the look of the bookmark in the bookmark list will seem completely out of place without a snippet of text from the bookmarked page.
What do you think?

I haven't bought this add-on yet, but seen it in action. It would be very useful for users to bookmark even pages outside of the website, by copying/pasting links in. :sneaky: and categorising them.

Top Bottom