Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Make sure your user has permission?

Permissions look in place for both the add-on and users...has me totally stumped and bookmarks seems to recognize Resource Manager, as it let me set it to yes. Should we go private and I give you URL to take a look from your end?

Permissions look in place for both the add-on and users...has me totally stumped and bookmarks seems to recognize Resource Manager, as it let me set it to yes. Should we go private and I give you URL to take a look from your end?
You need to check the "Allow Bookmarking of Resources" option under Bookmarks. Grab the next update for bookmarking the resource itself.

@Xon you're probably going to be tired of me shortly, so let me apologize in advance. Bookmarks are working in Resource Manager, however I have to delete a resource category and this server error happened:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.category_title from ( select distinct resource_id ' at line 2

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Bookmarks/XenResource/DataWriter/Category.php at line 38
Bookmarks_XenResource_DataWriter_Category->_captureDeletedBookmarks() in Bookmarks/XenResource/DataWriter/Category.php at line 13
Bookmarks_XenResource_DataWriter_Category->_preDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1815
XenForo_DataWriter->preDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1783
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in Bookmarks/XenResource/DataWriter/Category.php at line 19
Bookmarks_XenResource_DataWriter_Category->delete() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 1021
XenForo_Controller->_deleteData() in XenResource/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 187
XenResource_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /usr/www/ultima/public/admin.php at line 13

I do not know how far reaching it is because I have not attempted to delete any forum or profile posts attached to bookmarks, but I wanted to bring it to your attention for review. I initially thought this was a XResource syntax error, but they directed my back to you via this post.

Sorry this has become a pain :(

Xon updated Bookmarks with a new update entry:

2.0.0 Beta 7 - Bugfix update

• Enforce php version check on install (must be php 5.4 or newer).
  • Fixup the remove bookmarks for deleted items task which is run on upgrade & form Rebuild Cache page.
    • Was broken, but only errored for php 5.4. This however isn't needed as much as the older versions due to an overhaul in how the add-on tracked deleted items.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
@Xon

Upgrading from 1.2.7 Bookmarks to latest Beta 7, got the following error on upgrade:

Code:
An exception occurred: Call to undefined method Bookmarks_Model_Bookmarks::rebuildUserBookmarkCounts() in /home/domain/library/Bookmarks/Deferred/Upgrade/2000001.php on line 25

Bookmarks_Deferred_Upgrade_2000001->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 354
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 617
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/domain/admin.php at line 13

After this, it seems the rebuild process completed fine after I went into Tools -> Rebuild (it continued automatically and finished).

And the add-on shows Beta 7 so I assume it is working OK.

I wonder what caused the error on upgrade?

@markku I'm kinda surprised upgrading from such an old version worked. That method definitely exists, so there might be php opcode caching which is 'stuck', as I haven't had anyone else mention this as an issue.

@Xon I no longer have the bookmarks link on posts.... ?
My first thoughts are;
  • Check your theme, there is no reason the add-on would disable the links.
  • Alternatively check to see if anyone has fiddled with permissions.
  • Have you updated any themes or add-on recently?

Last question before purchasing. What is the status of v2.00? Is it stable enough to be used in a live forum?

Last question before purchasing. What is the status of v2.00? Is it stable enough to be used in a live forum?
Yup, I use it myself on a large forum. I just haven't finished off rewriting the statistics from the old soup code to newer easily extendable code and the presentation layer on the profile. I'm hoping I'll finish that before it is ported to XF2.

The code quality for how this feature was implemented was unexpectedly poor
old soup code
@Xon you keep making comments such as these in regards to the add-ons you got your hands on.
If your code is much superior then perhaps it would be better and obviously easier for you to write these add-on from scratch. No? I have no idea what state the code of these "old" add-ons are as quite a few hands have added their own personal touches to them over the years, but you've had them long enough to know them inside out by now and so they should have been "fixed" long ago if they are not up to your standards.
To keep complaining about their current condition after all these years is a little odd.

@Xon you keep making comments such as these in regards to the add-ons you got your hands on.
If your code is much superior then perhaps it would be better and obviously easier for you to write these add-on from scratch. No? I have no idea what state the code of these "old" add-ons are as quite a few hands have added their own personal touches to them over the years, but you've had them long enough to know them inside out by now and so they should have been "fixed" long ago if they are not up to your standards.
To keep complaining about their current condition after all these years is a little odd.
I maintain, own, or bug-fix nearly 150 add-ons, of which the majority are nearly entirely driven by the needs of the two large forums I help run. There are over 150000 lines of php add-on code in my forums. In comparison, XenForo's php core is somewhere in the region of ~230000 lines of php, and a lot more javascript for sure.

That is a lot of complexity, even with all the add-on boilerplate.

While I have extensively rewritten a number of the add-ons I acquired, I simply don't have time to rewrite all of them without suspending feature development.

I'm definitely not free of sin for poor coding, as generally every major release requires 2-6 minor patches to fix minor bugs. But I've pump out updates and bugfixes, for nearly 3 years. There is just a lot of code.

Last edited:
Installed and running properly on our forum. Thank you.

Can other members see the tags of public bookmarks of other members? Can they filter based on tags?

This can be very useful when you want to share a collection of posts based on the tag.

Top Bottom