Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Since we move the controls into a menu in responsive a '<li>' is added so the template mod match fails at this point. To get it to work you need to edit the post template directly.

Find:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.canReport}">
                                <li><a href="{xen:link posts/report, $post}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase report}</a></li>
                            </xen:if>

After add:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$canBookmark} && {$xenOptions.bookmarks_post_link} == 'private' && {$xenOptions.bookmarks_post_link_side} != 'left'">
    <li><a href="{xen:link bookmarks/index, '', 'type=post', 'id={$post.post_id}'}" class="item control bookmarks OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:if '{$post.bookmarked}', '{xen:phrase bookmarks_bookmarked}', '{xen:phrase bookmarks}'}</a></li>
</xen:if>

This is assuming the option to display the bookmark link on the left is not checked.

Hmm... for some reason this doesn't fix the problem. Instead, it creates a strange staggered effect when implemented. Here's a screenshot:

Screenshot-2017-10-30 Is Something Wrong With the Text Boxes .webp

Any ideas as to why it's doing that?

Thank you for your help.

Nice would be to keep the tags, after all the bookmarks have been deleted.
Right now the tags are gone after deleting all the bookmarks.

What do you think?

Are @Bob 's addons supported? i.e. AMS/RMS/UBS
Does this addon run well on big boards?
I would like to give bookmarking to specific usergroups only. I see that this is possible. However, if their Account Upgrade expires then will their bookmarks be removed from their profile?
Can I allow usergroups to see others bookmarks but not add bookmarks themselves?

Are @Bob 's addons supported? i.e. AMS/RMS/UBS
Showcase is supported, but not the others.

As a funded feature I could add more, but part of the issue is timing. I've done a major overhaul to make the system easier to extend. It wasn't fully completed but wouldn't be hard. No one has asked for extra content types, so I never got around to finishing it off.

And yes, this add-on is planned to be migrated to XF2. At some time.

Does this addon run well on big boards?
Works well for me so far, I'ld probably recommend disabling the alerting options.

I would like to give bookmarking to specific usergroups only. I see that this is possible. However, if their Account Upgrade expires then will their bookmarks be removed from their profile?
The data is retained, but they just can't access it.

Can I allow usergroups to see others bookmarks but not add bookmarks themselves?
I'm not sure off the top of my head.

I'm not sure off the top of my head.
Does anyone know? I am considering to add this functionality for users with an account upgrade. That only makes sense if users without an account upgrade can see the function is there.

Does anyone know? I am considering to add this functionality for users with an account upgrade. That only makes sense if users without an account upgrade can see the function is there.
There is a permission for seeing/interacting with bookmarks and then per-content type permissions on if a user can bookmark something.

So you can implement a scheme where someone can see someone else's public bookmarks (which sadly only show on their profile) but not add them.

Part of the issue is bookmarks are private except if you look at someone's profile. So I'm not sure the discoverability is there.

Its fine if its only visible on profiles. Am I correct that the users who cannot add bookmarks, will not have a 'bookmarks' link on account drop down nor in account preferences?

Its fine if its only visible on profiles. Am I correct that the users who cannot add bookmarks, will not have a 'bookmarks' link on account drop down nor in account preferences?
They will have those links, just will not be able to add anything in there

I only offer the renewal pricing for old XenMods licences. I do not have any licence information from Syndol.

Please open a ticket on my site so I can investigate if you have an XenMod licence you have't claimed.

<li><a href="{xen:link bookmarks/index, '', 'type=post', 'id={$post.post_id}'}" class="item control bookmarks OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:if '{$post.bookmarked}', '{xen:phrase bookmarks_bookmarked}', '{xen:phrase bookmarks}'}</a></li>
Hmm... for some reason this doesn't fix the problem. Instead, it creates a strange staggered effect when implemented. Here's a screenshot:

View attachment 160918

Any ideas as to why it's doing that?

Thank you for your help.
Same thing happened to me, after adding li code.
https://www.diffchecker.com/aCMPmC6L
On bookmarks_post_controls template.

My post is just adding the required code to the post template not sure why you're editing the template you mentioned.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom