• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Better than Godaddy?

zooki

Hi I currently register my domains with Godaddy. It is Ok, but I was wondering what other people used and whether it is cheaper?

- and NO I do not host with them, ;) just looking for name registrars

Adam Howard

Hi I currently register my domains with Godaddy. It is Ok, but I was wondering what other people used and whether it is cheaper?

- and NO I do not host with them, ;) just looking for name registrars
I currently use
  • Name.com
  • prq.se
  • transip.eu
Namecheap isn't so cheap (they get you on renewal) and also is lacking a lot of features. Can't tell you how many times I wanted or needed to do X, but was told you can't.

I have use another domain register in Italy, but can't remember what its called.... I just remember that it auto renews & keeps one of my domains going.

edit:

Found the name. lol (I use these too)

• gandi.eu
  • eurodns.com

Morgain

godaddy is the pits.

I'm UK based use a smallish company in the uk called compila. Always had good service and can phone them if I need to push faster service for some reason. Not a call centre.

Adam Howard

Namecheap has been my choice for years now after switching from GoDaddy.
Namecheap and Dynadot :)
Namecheap has been my choice for years now after switching from GoDaddy.
Want to see something cool ?

• Do a speed test on whatever site you have registered with namecheap.com
  • Next move your domain name to a different register
  • Do a new speed test

Someone told me this and I thought it was nuts (crazy).... It's not as crazy as I thought

Lucas

Want to see something cool ?

• Do a speed test on whatever site you have registered with namecheap.com
  • Next move your domain name to a different register
  • Do a new speed test
Someone told me this and I thought it was nuts (crazy).... It's not as crazy as I thought
Can't be bothered at wasting money. Haven't had any complaints with speed on my server/sites. (and not the ones in my sig :p)

Adam Howard

Can't be bothered at wasting money. Haven't had any complaints with speed on my server/sites. (and not the ones in my sig :p)
I didn't really notice an issue either, but after switching I saved myself between 1 - 2 seconds. I think it has to do with the way they route name resolves (ignoring the terminology here for a moment) or maybe its their network in general. Either way, I noticed a difference with each name I move out of there (and so have others).

Lucas

I didn't really notice an issue either, but after switching I saved myself between 1 - 2 seconds. I think it has to do with the way they route name resolves (ignoring the terminology here for a moment) or maybe its their network in general. Either way, I noticed a difference with each name I move out of there (and so have others).
I really wouldn't be surprised if it did. Sometimes some small things can make some interesting differences. I'll probably try one domain later on. :)

Forsaken

I've been using http://namesilo.com now.

I had a bunch of problems with Namecheap that had about 1/2 of my members being sent to old servers at random times. They also wouldn't even look into helping instead they just fobbed it off as a host excuse. Once I changed to Namesilo all the issues ended so obviously it wasn't the host :rolleyes:.

DBA

Your DNS lookup is taking 1-2?! :shocked:

RickM

Public Domain registry - I'm a registrar partner and own a domain registrar. Works out cheaper.

Oh and if you care about your domains, you wont keep them at GoDaddy. You'd be even more crazy if you used them for hosting.