Better than Godaddy?

I also looked over the layout at name.com. Their WHOIS privacy is more expensive than Namecheap, although there appear to be coupon codes to make it free for the first year. But the user interface on their site is just dreadful, and help information isn't too good.

I also looked over the layout at name.com ... the user interface on their site is just dreadful, and help information isn't too good.

How long ago did you look at it?

They have only recently (ie past few weeks) launched a new user interface which is much more usable and makes managing large portfolios of domains quite easy compared to their old interface (which I also complained about).

Their customer support is also excellent.

I use name.com and gandi.net. I like gandi for it's ideals (no BS) and the fact you get a free SSL certificate with every domain. They are a little more expensive, but they're worth it.

How long ago did you look at it?

They have only recently (ie past few weeks) launched a new user interface which is much more usable and makes managing large portfolios of domains quite easy compared to their old interface (which I also complained about).

Their customer support is also excellent.
I signed up the other day, since they have rates similar to Namecheap in some respects, and I didn't find it too inviting.

Top Bottom