Better than Godaddy?

Your DNS lookup is taking 1-2?! :shocked:
It was with namecheap.com (as a domain register only)

Once we moved we were 1 - 2 seconds faster... To make sure it wasn't a host issue we even tried different host (Soft Layer for example). Didn't believe it until I tried it.

I've been using http://namesilo.com now.

I had a bunch of problems with Namecheap that had about 1/2 of my members being sent to old servers at random times. They also wouldn't even look into helping instead they just fobbed it off as a host excuse. Once I changed to Namesilo all the issues ended so obviously it wasn't the host :rolleyes:.
Had the same issue with another domain. Kept telling me it was a hosting issue (just like they did with you). Moved the domain name and everything was resolved.

Public Domain registry - I'm a registrar partner and own a domain registrar. Works out cheaper.

Oh and if you care about your domains, you wont keep them at GoDaddy. You'd be even more crazy if you used them for hosting.

Why is that exactly? My domains are at godaddy....

Had the same issue with another domain. Kept telling me it was a hosting issue (just like they did with you). Moved the domain name and everything was resolved.
I ended up finding what the issue was and told the support after I moved (I still have some domains there as I'm transferring as they get close to expiring). They still insist it was a hosting issue.

Name.com, though I don't use their name servers. Nor would I ever leave a domain parked with them, due to wording in their registration agreement.

I have all my domains with godaddy. Can someone enlighten me as to why it's such a bad thing?
They're pretty much a sub-par company (If you ever get hacked chances are you'll have to go through loops to get anything solved) and there's been a lot of controversy that they've been involved in (Or that their CEO has been involved in).

Also were one of the bigger supporters of SOPA.

I am using Internet.bs because they are so cheap and offering private whois (same as Namecheap) but i have active domains on Namecheap too.

I use GoDaddy, mostly because they are cheap. I looked into switching to NameCheap at some point, but found that it would cost us several hundreds a year extra, so I stuck with GoDaddy.

I use GoDaddy, mostly because they are cheap. I looked into switching to NameCheap at some point, but found that it would cost us several hundreds a year extra, so I stuck with GoDaddy.
You pay $18.16 for a domain at GoDaddy with private registration.

At Namesilo you pay $7.49-$8.99 depending on what domain ($16.99 for .me) with free private registration.

I WILL NEVER GO BACK! (n)

It is aweful what GoDaddy CEO Bob Parson for his pleasure and glorified it on the GoDaddy website. (n)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Look up the real/full video. They ripped open the elephant, played with it, and tossed out Godaddy hats. I watched that video when Bob posted it; several times thinking it was an April fool's joke, but it was not.

Top Bottom