HTTP 500 Error - Godaddy Linux CPanel - Fresh Install

elw323

Trying to launch: https:///www.site.com/install/index.php
I was getting a HTTP 500 error on a fresh install.

Resolution: Delete all files and reinstalled / uploaded. Solved the issue.

I tried the following things.
Added an index.html file to the main directory. Add some text to it "Hello World" if that loads properly it's not a server issue.
Made sure two folders data and internal_data had the proper permissions (777).

Hosting: GoDaddy
Using: CPanel
Server: Linux
PHP: 7.433

Good Luck with your install!

Beware GoDaddy is known for placing too many hosting accounts on the same server (overselling the server) causing less than ideal site performance. If you are using shared hosting there are much better alternatives for about the same money. Do a quick search on XenForo for recommendations.

Move hosts.
You obviously want a cheapish one. Go with namecheap. Their stella hosting package is brilliant.

I'm new to the forum world and the XenForo world. The one site I use has worked well on GoDaddy. I've never had a site that needed to be fast or support a large number of users/content. Your advice may be valid...just not in that space yet...thanks!

I'm new to the forum world and the XenForo world. The one site I use has worked well on GoDaddy. I've never had a site that needed to be fast or support a large number of users/content. Your advice may be valid...just not in that space yet...thanks!
If your forum grows, definitely look for a better host. I run on a fully dedicated server with a tonne of space and resources, with Plesk Obsidian (instead of cPanel), for $47 a month. It is well worth it, coming from shared.....

Top Bottom