• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 HTTP 500 Error

Ok... here is another for you guys.

I recently upgraded my server to a "better" one within Fasthosts.

Initially it just threw up loads of errors. Turns out the links had to be re-pointed (yeah my terminology sucks)... :)

Anyway that was fine and everything was honky dory for a week or so then this morning in the early hours 2 of my subdomains threw up an HTTP 500 error.

I checked the error log and this is what came up.

Code:
[Wed Oct 21 03:49:52.914836 2015] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7403] [client 207.46.13.5:46160] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  require(/home/linnas01/t/thefewgoodmen.com-1067294612/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/showthread.php on line 11

[Wed Oct 21 03:49:52.915051 2015] [fcgid:warn] [pid 7403] [client 207.46.13.5:46160] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/home/linnas01/t/thefewgoodmen.com-1067294612/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/thefgmforum/showthread.php on line 11

This would appear to be a scripting issue.  I would advise checking the coding and you should find the site will run without issue.
Now.... I have www.thefewgoodmen.com/fgmforum set up with Xenforo... BUT I had 2 sites go down apparently because of the above error according to my hosts support team.

Im so confused.

I have

www.thefewgoodmen.com [wordpress site]
www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum [Xenforo]
www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd2 [wordpress site]
www.thefewgoodmen.com/tpg3 [wordpress site]

TSD2 and TPG3 went down for 5 hours with an HTTP 500 Error.

How can it be linked to the above error from the log?

My hosting has a guaranteed 100% uptime which they are struggling to honour at present in my opinion. And there support is smoke and mirrors at best!

Any ideas?

RDR

Are you using cPanel per chance?

I have a site throwing up 500 internal server errors now for the last 5.5 hours...

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The forum is loading fine for me and navigating around shows no errors.

The errors are actually referencing vbulletin files - specifically showthread.php so it's not entirely clear what's going on.

As the errors have only started since changing servers and without any changes made to the XF software, I can only assume it's something related to that or a server level issue.

vBulletin... damn I left that crock years ago!!

Hmmmm... maybe something to do with the vbulletin export to xenforo?

Is the file even required... LOL

And no Im not using cpanel... sorry.