Better than Godaddy?

zooki

Hi I currently register my domains with Godaddy. It is Ok, but I was wondering what other people used and whether it is cheaper?

- and NO I do not host with them, ;) just looking for name registrars

Hi I currently register my domains with Godaddy. It is Ok, but I was wondering what other people used and whether it is cheaper?

- and NO I do not host with them, ;) just looking for name registrars

I currently use
  • Name.com
  • prq.se
  • transip.eu
Namecheap isn't so cheap (they get you on renewal) and also is lacking a lot of features. Can't tell you how many times I wanted or needed to do X, but was told you can't.

I have use another domain register in Italy, but can't remember what its called.... I just remember that it auto renews & keeps one of my domains going.

edit:

Found the name. lol (I use these too)

• gandi.eu
  • eurodns.com

godaddy is the pits.

I'm UK based use a smallish company in the uk called compila. Always had good service and can phone them if I need to push faster service for some reason. Not a call centre.

I use name.com for all mine, reasonable pricing and pretty damn good service. Quick to address service issues if they arise.

Namecheap has been my choice for years now after switching from GoDaddy.
Namecheap and Dynadot :)
Namecheap has been my choice for years now after switching from GoDaddy.
Want to see something cool ?

• Do a speed test on whatever site you have registered with namecheap.com
  • Next move your domain name to a different register
  • Do a new speed test

Someone told me this and I thought it was nuts (crazy).... It's not as crazy as I thought

Want to see something cool ?

• Do a speed test on whatever site you have registered with namecheap.com
  • Next move your domain name to a different register
  • Do a new speed test
Someone told me this and I thought it was nuts (crazy).... It's not as crazy as I thought
Can't be bothered at wasting money. Haven't had any complaints with speed on my server/sites. (and not the ones in my sig :P)

Can't be bothered at wasting money. Haven't had any complaints with speed on my server/sites. (and not the ones in my sig :p)
I didn't really notice an issue either, but after switching I saved myself between 1 - 2 seconds. I think it has to do with the way they route name resolves (ignoring the terminology here for a moment) or maybe its their network in general. Either way, I noticed a difference with each name I move out of there (and so have others).

I didn't really notice an issue either, but after switching I saved myself between 1 - 2 seconds. I think it has to do with the way they route name resolves (ignoring the terminology here for a moment) or maybe its their network in general. Either way, I noticed a difference with each name I move out of there (and so have others).
I really wouldn't be surprised if it did. Sometimes some small things can make some interesting differences. I'll probably try one domain later on. :)

I've been using http://namesilo.com now.

I had a bunch of problems with Namecheap that had about 1/2 of my members being sent to old servers at random times. They also wouldn't even look into helping instead they just fobbed it off as a host excuse. Once I changed to Namesilo all the issues ended so obviously it wasn't the host :rolleyes:.

Your DNS lookup is taking 1-2?! :shocked:

Public Domain registry - I'm a registrar partner and own a domain registrar. Works out cheaper.

Oh and if you care about your domains, you wont keep them at GoDaddy. You'd be even more crazy if you used them for hosting.

Top Bottom