• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[bd] WordPress Proxy

I just updated the proxy addon first at all, thank you for the hard work. Unfortunately it doesn't interact well with other xenforo styles like flexile and it doesn't look very good. It would be enough if we could use the wordpress theme when wordpress takes over xenforo but that isn't an option anymore.

I just updated the proxy addon first at all, thank you for the hard work. Unfortunately it doesn't interact well with other xenforo styles like flexile and it doesn't look very good. It would be enough if we could use the wordpress theme when wordpress takes over xenforo but that isn't an option anymore.
If you want WordPress to use its own theme, you only need the bridge. Btw, I'm curious, how does it look with other styles?

If you want WordPress to use its own theme, you only need the bridge. Btw, I'm curious, how does it look with other styles?

I'd like to use the posting feature and wordpress take over with the actual wordpress theme not customized xenforo style.

I'd like to use the posting feature and wordpress take over with the actual wordpress theme not customized xenforo style.
I think we can simply hide the blog tab to use the posting feature only (of course, it's not supported atm)
About the take over, if WordPress use its theme, it will be your home already. Right? I'm a little confused here :D

I think we can simply hide the blog tab to use the posting feature only (of course, it's not supported atm)
About the take over, if WordPress use its theme, it will be your home already. Right? I'm a little confused here :D

Yeah, I'm too and you have right to be :D With the way it is meant to work doesn't make my request possible. My concern is the look on flexile when I set the proxy. There are layout issues and css formatting doesn't feel right.

A feature request for the future were sharing posts between systems like the user/login feature. When I create a post on worpdress a post will be created in XenForo. vBulletin had one plugin which made that possible.

Oh, I see, comments are moderated on Wordpress side.
If you are going to integrate WP comments into XF threads, how guests will appear.

I'm geting following error when access a post page:

Rich (BB code):
Argument 3 passed to XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::avatarHtml() must be an array, boolean given
library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php:1387
#0 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php(1387): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, 'm', false, Array, '')
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/bdWordPressProxy/TemplateHelper.php(170): XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::avatarHtml('XenForo_Templat...', Array)
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/bdWordPressProxy/View.php(10): bdWordPressProxy_TemplateHelper::execute(Object(bdWordPressProxy_View), '??<div class="m...')
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(212): bdWordPressProxy_View->renderHtml()
#4 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(69): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('bdWordPressProx...', 'Html', Array, 'bdwpp_template')
#5 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('bdWordPressProx...', Array, 'bdwpp_template', NULL)
#6 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 /home/user/public_html/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

Did you update the bridge?

Yes, but appearantly some files were damaged. Some strangeness with my ftp. Now it's working, thanks.

Another thing discovered: When I select "WordPress is the Master System option" the forum tab is gone (when I hover it it points to wordpress) and you can not reach /forum.

Just read through the whole thread, and saw a ref or two to comment integration. Can you clarify what the goal behavior is? I know we're one of a group that wants to have comments/posts in forum integrated, having two separate places for commentary is a "Bad Thing" for community engagement.

Is the goal to have it so that

1. You can promote a post to an article (already in from what I see on the OP). Question: does it link back to the original thread?
  2. Any comments on an article will spawn a thread in a forum designated for that WP category.
Ideally we'd like to see XF being essentially made into the comment engine for WP. The promote to article is a BIG deal though and we'd like to deeply thank you for all your work on the WP integration! :)

1. You can promote a post to an article (already in from what I see on the OP). Question: does it link back to the original thread?
  2. Any comments on an article will spawn a thread in a forum designated for that WP category.

1. No. The 2 things (thread and blog post) won't have any connection whatever
2. Nope. Comments stay where they are but due to popular demand, I do have plan to synchronize comments between two systems

1. How do I remove the sidebar from wordpress

2. How do I change the name "Blog" on the navbar?

2. How do I change the name "Blog" on the navbar?

I found that one... It's a Phrase:
Appearance -> Phrases -> Master Language
The phrase you're looking for is: bdwpp_blog

Change the value for the Phrase text and "Blog" should change to whatever you want it to be.
:)

Top Bottom